Friday, January 4, 2013

It's a....

If you're a long time follower you know that my OB doesn't do the anatomy scan until 24weeks... That's two months after most people say when you can find out the sex of your baby.  I am probably one of the most impatient people so there's no way I'd be able to wait that long.  He offers a quick look at any visit after 16 weeks.  My next visit I'll be 19+1 so I was planning on doing it then BUT his office charges $99, it's on a crappy machine, and maybe a 5 minute US.  I started looking into elective places and found one for $65.  We got a 15minute scan, 5 black&white pictures, and were in a big comfy room. I'm 17 weeks and 4 days today.

Photobucket

I was pretty sure going into it that baby was another boy.  Based on the timing of conception mostly but also because I've always seen myself with two boys or two girls and since we were blessed with Truitt first I figured a baby brother was on the way.  Also, when we had our NT scan at 12weeks 1day, the tech guessed boy.  I didn't see anything either way and she was the same tech that said T was a girl at his scan but still.

So.... now I am going to introduce our baby....
Photobucket

Photobucket

BOY! Bennett Ford will be joining our family this June!  

He looked great and was moving all around but I have yet to feel him definitely.  Come to find out I have an anterior placenta.  Little stinker!!!  Since it was an elective scan we didn't get any measurements but she did say he looks great and we heard his strong little heart beat at 158bpm! We are SO thrilled and cannot wait to meet this little guy in 5 months!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! We just had our gender scan on wednesday, I was 16+3. We have a boy as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations on another boy! I love the name!!!

    ReplyDelete