Monday, October 29, 2012

8 weeks!

Today is: October 29, 2012

How far along: 8 weeks

Total weight gain: Down 3 pounds.  I weighed when I went in for my beta at 4weeks so that I would have a "base line" to go off of.  Our family did have the stomach flu last week so I think I lost all 3 pounds in one day

Baby is the size of: A RASPBERRY! Last Friday at our ultrasound CRL was 1.27cm!

Baby is a: Most likely a boy.  I have always thought I'd have two boys OR two girls and since we have Truitt I think it's going to be a little brother.  Also, looking at timing things are looking pretty in favor for BLUE! We will find out after the first of the year.

Maternity clothing: None. 

Sleep: Just like with T's pregnancy, the insomnia has already started.  I fall asleep relatively easily but when I wake up to pee it takes me at least 30 minutes but up to an hour and a half to fall back to sleep.

Movement: Baby is moving but it will be a while before I can feel it.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings? Pickled Okra, Ranch Dressing, Salad, Fruit and Yogurt. Aversions? Mexican food.  I don't think it has to do with the pregnancy but more with the fact that we had tacos right before the stomach virus found me

Symptoms:
- Queasy. I haven't thrown up outside of the virus but I am very queasy on and off throughout the day.
- Lightheadedness. Bootcamp is tough because I can't do anything with my head lower than my body or I feel like I'll pass smoth out
- Heartburn.
- Sleepiness. I could sleep ALL DAY LONG and I think I still would be tired.  It also doesn't help that T hasn't been the best napper

How this pregnancy is different than the first:
- Queasiness. I wasn't really feeling like this with Truitt.  I did gag from brushing my teeth all of the time with him but I haven't had that happen this time
- Boob Pain.  OR LACK THEREOF. With T my nipples were so incredibly sensitive and this time they barely bother me.  I think it's because T is still nursing and they're just desensitized! Speaking of nursing, my milk is almost all gone :(

 The best moment(s) of this past week:
- Seeing our baby on the ultrasound!
- Announcing to a few more friends that we're expecting! Again, we will not be making a big announcement until later on so please don't say anything outside of the blog!

I'm looking forward to:
- Getting my blood results back. I need some reassurance that my progesterone increased.
- Finding out when our NT scan will be.  I love ultrasounds!
- Planning for baby
- Telling the world that we're expecting!

(I borrowed this survey's format  from Laura at http://www.betweenthelinesblog.net/ Hope you don't mind Laura, I tweaked it a bit !!!)

I will be doing these updates monthly for now and once things start changing more I'll try to do more frequently!  You can see my 8 week update with Truitt here

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I am just catching up on blog posts now, and saw this, and my jaw dropped. Yay! Congratulations! This makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! You made it almost 2 yrs nursing, that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete