Sunday, January 29, 2012

Poor baby boy :(

Every time a cold front pushes through it seems Truitt gets sick. I noticed Truitt sounded congested after he fell asleep Wednesday night. Thursday morning he woke up at 4:30am with a fever and a bit of nasal congestion. I gave him some Tylenol, we played for awhile and then fell back to sleep on the recliner. He did fine all day with no fever but that evening he started to feel warm again. I figured teething but we did ibuprofen and went to bed. He woke up at about 3:30am burning up again. Same routine of meds, playing, sleeping in the chair and then once we got up again he was fine. We went out to eat with E's parents and he fell asleep on the way home and when we got him out of the carseat you could tell his fever had come back. Again, same routine of meds and bed. He and E fell asleep around 8:30 and I stayed up only to have T wake up 4x in the 3 hours prior to me coming to bed. Once again he woke up at 4am HOT and this time his eye was matted shut. E got up with us and once his fever had broken and I nursed him back to sleep E rocked him in the chair and I went back to bed. He was acting ok but the outside of his eye was getting really red. I immediately thought of pink eye the inside of his eye is white and he isn't rubbing them or doing anything to invite they itch. Then last night my throat started aching horribly! I'm sure I'd my throat hurts, his does foo.The two of us went to bed before E. T woke again at 4 and BOTH eyes were matted and his nose was plugged with thick green snot. The snot turned bloody when we used saline on it and we can't seem to wipe his eyes fat enough.

So, it seems like we will be heading to the dr in the morning unless he wakes up all better. We've been giving him Benadryl nearly around the clock as it isn't helping much at all. My guess is that the front triggered allergies which has turned into an infection somewhere but all I know Is having a sick baby is the worst!

Will update tomorrow and hopefully post his 13mo update soon!

5 comments:

  1. Eyes matted shut scream conjunctivitis to me. You tried the eye squirty BM thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yes while we were in the car and I think I got more up his nose than in his eye!!! We did it again at home and it wasn't too helpful :(

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, poor little guy :( I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds pretty brutal. Poor Truitt:( I hope he feels better soon (and you too)!

    ReplyDelete