Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Babyshower Drama

So sorry to leave yall hanging on the scoop but I couldn't get away from Truitt yesterday.  First things first, he is already doing SO much better! He woke up this morning and was still able to breathe out of his nose and his eyes weren't matted shut or nearly as swollen as yesterday! The eyedrops are obviously helping but they are nearly impossible to use.  They are honestly as thick as honey and he sees them coming and clenches his eyes shut.  They're still too swollen to hold open so what I've done is nurse him and try to time it right to get drop in!

Now what you're really wanting to hear :)  Ok, so we all remember the facebook nonsense where evil sister-in-law went all judgemental on my parenting skills and then the update a few days later (if you weren't around then, you should definitely go read!). Well after that she deleted me as her friend but her status updates about my brother-in-law and their unborn child are so ridiculous that two of my couisns always send me screen shots of her crazy ramblings!

Anyway, we got through the holidays with very little conversing between the two of us but were both decent.  As the time for the baby shower got closer I willingly helped MIL get it together by addressing and sending the envelopes, ordering and picking up the cake and balloons, making a diaper cake and then getting everything set up the day of. We asked SIL several times for addresses but she insisted that she wasn't going to be inviting anyone-rude!  Anyway, shower day came and we had about 15 people there from my in-laws' family and friend and then SIL brought one friend with her.  The shower went quite well and while it wasn't anything extra special, because lets face it- I'm saving my cute ideas for someone who deserves it, it was still really nice.  She didn't bring a camera so I had a friend taking pictures of everything while I was writing down the gifts.  After all of the gifts were open BIL asked if I could send the pics to his email and I said no problem.  He thanked me for the shower and hugged me but SIL didn't thank me... at all. 

Sunday night I came home and started attaching the pictures to an email but due to file size they were taking approx 1min each. 46 pictures=46 minutes.  While that was happening I uploaded these pictures to my facebook...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 as well as one of a closeup of the cake that said "Congratulations D and T!"and tagged BIL in it and one really good picture of them standing in front of the cake.  It was a very good picture of them both- no double chins, funky faces or anything like that.... Then all hell broke loose:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ok.  Now had I posted pictures of their newborn baby or announced her name and arrival before they had a chance to, yes that'd be wrong...but baby shower pictures?  And seriously she was in ONE picture and it was a good picture!!!  So what do you think?

12 comments:

  1. oh dear emotions run high when it comes to babies ... gorgeous baby shower though and great pictures and I am glad Truitt is on the way to getting better .. poor baby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said before, nothing will make your SIL happy and you did nothing wrong. You are a better SIL than me because I wouldn not have helped at all, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was so kind of you to throw her the shower in the first place (adorable by the way). She clearly has personal issues. Posting those pics was NOT a big deal!! She should have taken that opportunity to write a big thank you for the world to see because she clearly has an amazing SIL!! I know it is difficult, but try not to take it personally. Her problems really have nothing to do with you and everything to do with her and her attitude. My husband is an only child and my siblings are much younger than me so I don't know what it is like to deal with a SIL, but I do know I'd feel very blessed if you were mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a ridiculous situation. I can't imagine having a SIL like that. She should have thanked you for working on the baby shower. I can see her wanting to post the pictures first (especially being pregnant and hormonal), but you are right, it's not the same thing as announcing a birth or posting pictures of the baby before the parents can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that chick is a psycho bitch! too bad you have to ever see that ungrateful nutso again! You are a sweetheart for even helping at all with that shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two different people took photos at my baby shower. I was hanging out to see photos on FB. Other people uploaded and posted photos of our wedding before we even got home. I think they are great to see. Their camera. Their experience. The canparison to a birth announcement is ridiculous. I could only understand this if you were a professional photographer being paid. Even then.... Someone is being a drama queen. You did a wonderful job Sam but that is the last flavour I would be doing the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I've been a follower but haven't commented before and this just really angered me! I read the previous posts about your SIL, and I have to say you have really handled yourself well given the situation. She is obviously immature, has it out for you, and will find any reason to get into it with you. My best guess is that she probably feels very inadequate in her parenting skills and she is probably intimidated by what a good mom you are. Instead of telling you that, she is acting just like a confused 14 year-old would, and criticizing your parenting skills, or finding reasons to get upset with you so she feels better about herself. Sigh. You seem like a wonderful and generous SIL to her. It's really sad that there are some people out there who never seemed to mature past a certain age. Just continue taking the high road. It's only going to upset her more. I've taken my own camera to numerous parties / weddings, and instantly uploaded those photos without ever asking the guest of honor if I could post those photos before they did. Ridiculous! Most of the time I am thanked by that person for taking so many pictures. She should have taken her own camera if it was going to be a big deal. Ugh, I'm annoyed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!

    You are such a bigger person than I am! I would have posted every single picture onto my facebook and told her to view them that way!Then told her that they were deleted. I can not believe how childish she is being! I am pissed off for you!

    You can be my SIL if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. I so went back and read your old posts! What a twit! My evaluation is that she is a bit of an insecure loser and wants to prove that she is more knowledgeable and cooler than you. Which she obviously isn't. So she is starting random drama.

    I'm no stranger to SIL drama, and after a whirlwind highschoolish relationship, she is divorced my BIL. So all that work to try and maintain a healthy relationship with a lunatic, and now we are not even related anymroe.

    BTW.... why didn't she use some of her grandma's magical cure-alls to keep her from getting knocked up in high school?? I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are quite patient. It's all annoying and immature. I mean her and what she is getting mad over.

    But honestly, I'd vent it and let it go. I am learning the hard ways about in-laws. The best advice after going thru plenty of ridiculous drama with them. Let it go. We can only control ourselves and if we are always doing the right thing then there is nothing to feel bad about.

    She is going to be doing things like this for a long time...and your energy is precious and Truitt and your hubby deserve it, not her.

    So glad Truitt is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man.........she is a piece of work! How ungrateful and rude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha, I noticed you haven't posted in a while, hope everything is alright at your end, I know my pregnancy is going by so fast Jamel and I were just saying that this morning, we are 5 weeks away from the half way mark!!!!! crazy isn't it? and i think it's a boy too.. I hope i'm wrong, i'd be happy with a boy, loui will have a brother, but i SOOO want a girl, so we'll see, how is Truitt? hope he got over that nasty, wanna c more pics of him pls :-)

    ReplyDelete