Wednesday, December 28, 2011

TRUITT IS ONE YEAR OLD!!!

I have a long sappy post all written out but someone isn't wanting to take his 12mo sticker pictures so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Today we celebrated his birthday by taking Truitt to Build a Bear, eating lunch at Olive Garden, and then going to one of our favorite places for supper.  He was a great boy and smiled so big everytime someone told him happy birthday.

I do have to admit that last night as he was snuggling with me I got teary eyed knowing that he was getting ready for bed as an 11month old and waking up as a 1 year old.  It was truly amazing nursing him to sleep knowing that we made it to a year without spending a single cent on formula!  This afternoon as we were on our way back from the mall and he was sleeping in his carseat I quietly sang him Happy Birthday at 2:22pm and my eyes welled up again.  What an amazing year this has been!  If you want to look back on how we got here, you can read my birth story!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So bittersweet! :') Happy 1st Birthday, Truitt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post may not have been that sappy, but it still made me tear up.

    Happy birthday, Truitt:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Cutie!!!!

    and GREAT JOB Mama on the nursing! we should be proud!

    ReplyDelete