Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Grattitude Days 5-8

Day 5: Coparenting
You never realize how much you rely on your spouse until they're gone for the weekend! E has a deer lease and while he always offers to stay home and really feels guilty about going, I always insist that he goes.  This past weekend was opening weekend so he headed out Friday night and didn't get home until Sunday afternoon.  Saturday we had a birthday party to go to and I had a screaming (growling) baby following me while I was trying to shower, do my hair and makeup and get dressed.  I have SO much respect for all of the single mommas and mommas that are doing it on their own out there!

Day 6: My grandma
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am thankful for being close to my grandma and being able to see her almost every Sunday. My Nana is 85 and while her health and memory are slowly declining she still SO much joy from watching Truitt.  We try to make it out there every Sunday for supper and I am so blessed for having the opporunity to see her so often. Truitt is very blessed to have so many great grandparents in his life!

Day 7: I am thankful for being able to breastfeed and being able to donate my extra milk to a baby in need today.
Photobucket
I have never been able to pump more than an ounce or so at a time but I had built about 20oz in the freezer up.  A while back I donated some to a friend in need and then this weekend several local moms posted on Eats on Feets needing milk for their babies so I donated those 20oz I had built back up.  Breastfeeding luckily came very easy to me and I know SO many mommas fight so hard to get it to work and are unable to so I never take it forgranted that we're able to have such a great nursing relationship!

Day 8: Better Sleep!
Photobucket
Truitt slept SO much better than normal last night!  I have had a HORRIBLE headache since Sunday afternoon and I'm pretty sure it was from not sleeping.  Anyway, last night he went to sleep around 8:30pm and didn't wake up until 3:30.  After nursing he then slept until about 7:20! It was AMAZING sleeping 7 hours straight for the first time in well over a year!!! And after that 7 hours to get another 4- wahoo!!!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for your sleepy night! It makes all the difference...Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an easy time with nursing my little guy too. It's such a neat experience and way to bond :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool you can donate milk! I'm glad Truitt has his greatgrandparents in his life. I wish my grandma was still here. He's very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first off, OMG he looks like 4 years old in the bed! ha ha

    love this gratitude project.

    and great job on the breastfeeding AND donating. every bit really does help a baby in need!

    ReplyDelete