Monday, November 28, 2011

11 Months!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
12mo clothes (although they're too big but 6-9is too short)
size 5 shoes!
size 3 diapers/cloth on medium rise

11 months old.  We are one month away from the big birthday.  This time last year I was enjoying my HUGE belly and wondering how many more weeks until I met my sweet boy.  As I type this right now my big boy is sitting in his high chair across from me and feeding himself cheerios, apple chunks and banana.  It is amazing to think about how much things have changed in a year!!!

Truitt is ALWAYS on the go these days.  He is practically running and rarely falls down but he bumps into things quite often.  He loves playing with anything that has wheels and he has balls of many shapes and sizes that he constantly throws and chases after.  We always tell him "vroom vroom" when he's playing with his cars and he now growls while pushing them! I definitely need to get a video of that.  He says "ball" and this month he also started saying Milk (although it sounds like "mill").  He regularly says Mama and Dada although they both apply to E and I still. He says bye and waves and he even started blowing kisses this past week! When he hears the garage door open he now perks up and starts saying "da?" "dada!" "da!" until E walks in the door so I guess he is learing the association of who is who although doesn't use it all of the time!  He has also started asking for food by saying "uhnum" (i'm guessing from us asking if he wants MumMums) and extends his fist towards what he is wanting.

This month Truitt learned how to drink from a straw! It was one of the most exciting "unexpected milestones" because now we don't have to worry about toting around a sippy cup!  He is still breastfeeding anywhere from 5-?? times a day and 2-6 times a night.  We sign for milk and he won't sign back but starts bouncing his arms in excitment.  For breakfast he will sometimes eat oatmeal with a fruit puree although he prefers finger foods so he will get dry cereal, fruit and sometimes toast or oatmeal. He has a midmorning snack of either GoldFish, Graham Crackers, yogurt or fruit.  Lunch is normally left overs from the night before and supper is whatever we are having.  Fish, nuts, milk and honey are still off limits.  I stick to just water in his cup BUT daddy always gives him diluted juice for breakfast.

Sleep has been back and forth.  Since he has gotten sick he has actually slept better waking only 2 or 3 times a night but we still have nights where he wants to nurse all.night.long but luckily they're becomming less frequent.  All along we have said we are going to transition him into his crib over Christmas break but I don't know if I'm ready for it.  I LOVE the cuddles and having the comfort in knowing he's RIGHT there with me.  We will see!

This month Truitt's fourth tooth, top left laternal incisor, came in.  It looks like he may be getting another one of the bottom left but his central top ones are no where to be seen so he will remain our little vampire for a while longer!

Truitt's routine is still pretty similar although daylight savings time messed us up!!!  He will normally wake up between 6:30 and 7 and we play for a while and then eat breakfast.  Nap time (in my lap while nursing) is mid morning and then he's up for more play and lunch.  After lunch there's another nap and then Daddy gets home.  Daddy keeps T busy for a little while so I can shower, clean up and get supper started.  Supper, bath and then bedtime around 8!

Truitt, you are such a joy in our life and we couldn't be happier.  Your kisses and cuddles are the sweetest thing we have ever experienced and we are so proud of how smart, strong and loving you are.  I cannot believe that you are going to be a year old in just one short month.  We love you SO much!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I was astounded to read your earlier post about him not only knowing the word "ball" but knowing what it means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! Rylin is still co-sleeping & taking naps in my lap. I complelty gave up on trying to get her in her crib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, 11 months! How's birthday party planning coming along? ;) When I think about where I was last year at this time, it's amazing to me how much has changed...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Truitt is so adorable. I can't believe he is walking so well. My little Ethan (Fancy Baby) is 10 and a half months old and still not walking.

    ReplyDelete