Sunday, September 25, 2011

Update on Sister-In-Law

First of all, thank you ALL so much for your words of encouragment.  I have NO idea what she has against me as in I honestly cannot think of one time that I have said or done anything mean to her and I go out of my way to be nice and welcoming to her.  On facebook I had an outpouring of friends saying how great of a mother I am in response to her comments, how Truitt is super lucky and how other people need to keep their negative comments to themselves so I posted as my status "What a blessing to have so many amazing people in my life that stick up for my decisions without being prompted by me when someone critcizes me! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!" and then my SIL's status says "Im confused...i thought fb was her only friend??? Oh wait, she must be talking abt her FB friends that have absolutely nothing else to do as well!" SERIOUSLY!?!?!? You are a 27 year old woman and are going to act like we're in high school, right!??!?!  I said nothing in response and then she updated a little bit later "Well Ive been pissing alot of ppl off lately. I dont give damn. Get the fk over it princess!!!"  It is just beyond frustrating that she is talking like this and on facebook?!!? I'm a pretty passive aggressive person but if I have a problem with someone I will outright talk to them about it instead of dink around and act like a kid.  I was thinking about texting/messaging my brother-in-law asking him what I did to make her feel that way to me but I decided just to ignore it all.  I was supposed to throw her shower this spring (they're due in April) and I'm not sure how I feel about even doing that.  I just hate that now my relationship with my neice/nephew is going to be restricted because of how their mother acts!!

ALSO, there are some of you that commented (Sara and Faithfully His!) that I do not have a link to your blog.  If you're reading my stuff I'd love to read yours!!!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't checked your blog in a few days and I see I missed some drama! Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry you have to deal with ignorant people like that!! It is hardest to do when they are family. We still cosleep most nights with Carter and he is 10 mths. We do lots of research and obviously don't make any decision that we think is at the detriment of our child, as I know you do too...and that is because we are good... scratch that, great parents. Someone told me something that I find helpful when others toss their opinion at me - - "What other people think of me is none of my business." It isn't always easy, but try to remember that. You are an awesome mom (and a very nice person because I don't know too many other women that would have tried to be so diplomatic with that crazy B!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm going to go find you on Facebook now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you'd still throw her a shower! Are you in charge or part of a group planning it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwwwwwww, i would have been mad, but u did the right thing by ignoring her, ppl like that you don't wanna stoop to their level! Loui has been co-sleeping with us until last week, and whenever we told someone they gave us that "that's not good" or "bad habits already?" and we simply choose to ignore them, It was simply best for him and for me, easier to nurse him and for him to go right back to sleep. Don't let those people bother you, to each their own. and for what it's worth, from what I see you do with Truitt on your blog you're one awesome mommy :D so just keep doing what you're doing, Truitt is a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I don't have a blog right now. :( I was neglectful of my first blog, but hopefully soon I'll be able to start one up! I DO need to share my little princess with the world! One can only hope! :)

    ReplyDelete