Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

My sister J lives in southern Louisiana which is about an 8 hour drive from here... we decided that we needed to figure out a way to see each other without having to drive that far so we found a close to halfway point which was Lake Caddo Texas.  My mom, stepdad, sister, her husband, baby C, E, Truitt and I met up for the weekend.  Our cabin was an old house with a screened in porch that backed up to the lake... it was absolutely beautiful! The only downside was E, T and I sharing a full sized bed... maybe if we were skinny it would have worked but it was very cramped!  E and I took a tour of the lake that was supposed to be on a wooden steamboat but it was too windy for the boat to safely go out so instead it was on a pontoon boat.  We also went to a small exotic animal and gator zoo.  Here's some pictures!

Helping Dad load up
Photobucket

View from the back of our cabin
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing with his cousin
Photobucket

There were two showers but no baths, and he played outside a LOT so we resorted to the sink!
Photobucket
(Notice my bald spots and tiny hairs growing back? PP hair loss has NOT been good to me!)

Coffee?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

From our boat tour:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gator Park and Zoo
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Caddo State Park
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Truitt is just so adorable! I know i say that everytime I post. LOL! And I can so relate to the PP hair loss. I lost it really bad around my forehead and it finally started coming back in about 2 months ago. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what great pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete