Thursday, September 15, 2011

First real cold :(

Truitt has had 2 ear infections and some cold like symptoms after shots but this is the first time he's had an all out cold.  It started with me hearing him cough a lot yesterday but he always fake coughs for attention so I figured that's what it was... until he started doing it in his sleep.  Then at 3:30 he woke up choking on drainage and was so congested he couldn't nurse.  I put some saline in his nose and it didn't help so I put some Johnson's vapor bath in the shower, turned it on HOT HOT HOT and sat  in the shower with him (not under the water) for about 20 minutes.  During that time he had some of the greenest icky snot sneezes I've ever seen.  He then napped for about an hour but had a hard time breathing and started tugging his ear so I decided to call the doctor.  Actually I wasn't sure (mainly because I didn't want to pay $30copay and $70bill for just teething or allergies) but E told me to take him in.  Truitt is up to 18lb 11oz (with clothes, diaper and shoes on). Thankfully his ears and lungs are crystal clear but he has a pretty nasty head cold.  Luckily it's early enough that we should be able to treat with a prescription decongestant (dr gave me free sample-WAHOO!) and stop it before it gets into his chest!  While we were up there I had to stop and buy a new hospital boogie sucker because our last two were thrown out or have been misplaced and nothing fixes snot better than that green bulb!

4 comments:

  1. Aw poor baby! I hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Truitt feels better soon! I'm trying to get back to blogging, I miss everyone! I do read your posts though, and you are such a great Mama. I hope you know that. Truitt is so blessed to have you. (That probably seems really random, but I just had to let you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Thank you so much Mrs V. I often wonder how you and Yorlee are doing!!! Hope all is well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon. Glad to know about the shower trick.

    ReplyDelete