Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My child has been screaming for the past 30 minutes.  He is exhausted and would not fall asleep in my arms or nursing so I decided to let him try to CIO in the crib.  He immediately stands up.  The doctor recommended me laying on the floor so he will lay down to try to get closer to me. No such luck.  I have sat on the floor, I have layed on the floor, I have left the room, I have layed him back down time after time, I have left him standing.  Nothing is helping.  I don't want to go pick him up to make him think if he gets upset enough then he knows I will pick him up but I don't know what else to do it.

AND on top of all of that wonderfullness, my phone just locked up...UGH!

5 comments:

  1. that has to be so hard. Im sure all you want to do is pick him up and console him but it makes it so hard when you wonder if they will think that crying = getting what they want.

    Good luck and I hope he goes to sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't let him keep going so after 40 minutes I picked him up and he let out the biggest sigh and nursed to sleep within a few minutes. I feel awful :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went through this with Wylie and we just realized he simPly didn't want to nap at that point. Now we have him down to 2 naps, sometimes 1 and he has been a lot happier. If he cries too much we try again in a half hour. Good luck, I know how tough that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, this sucks. I hate fighting the sleep demon! Hopefully he sorts himself out and drifts off to happy land! i just don't get why babies don't WANT to sleep! It is Soooo awesome to SLEEEEPPP!!! They just don't get it! Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw poor guy! Poor you! Is he teething? Growing pains? I hate listening to Dayne cry too - I usually give in after a bit, I'm weak. haha.

    ReplyDelete