Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Words

"Dada!"  He has been saying it constantly all morning.  He had been stuck on "ah dah" for a few days but now is saying it correctly over and over.  Thank goodness I know it's just because it's easier to say than mama, otherwise my feelings might have been hurt ;) I hope he remembers I stayed up with him day and night for the first 10 weeks!!!! I will try to get a video of it asap!


Also a wondeful note- HE SLEPT 5 SOLID HOURS LAST NIGHT!  He then woke up at 4:30, 5:30 and started the day at 6:30 but my fantastic husband kept him occupied and let me sleep until 8:20. WAHOO!!!!

3 comments:

  1. awww how exciting! please get a video for us!

    I don't know how you've done it with the sleep - but you deserve a gold medal for patience! lol. we're so spoiled by clara's sleep habits that it's seriously part of the reason we're only having the one child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie started saying, "dada" a couple weeks ago too. I was just like you..I would have felt bad if I didn't know it was easier to say. She's now saying Mmma and reaching for me. It's the sweetest thing ever! Melts my heart!

    Glad you got some sleep. I don't know how you do it! Ellie goes down about 7:00 and doesn't get up until I wake her up at 6:30 to get ready to go to the babysitter. So I can't imagine how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Truitt, such a cutie and I love his name it's so different but cool!
    x x x


    http://ourfootprintsontheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete