Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Monday I will be an AUNT!

Well J went to the doctor today to have an ultrasound and get Baby C's fluid checked. Fluid is great but her cervix isn't doing ANYTHING.  Baby C measured 8lb 1oz and the doctor said that as much as he hates inductions and scheduled csections (he's real "oldschool") that he thinks this baby isn't coming on his own anytime soon.  He told her he could try an induction but didn't think it would work and that she would end up with a csection anyway so J decided to go ahead and schedule the surgery.  Her doctor is on-call over this holiday weekend and told her he has nothing else to do on monday(!) so that's what it's going to happen!!

I HATE HATE HATE that we will not be there (they live in southern Louisiana) but my mom will be driving down there and we will go visit in late July.

Please keep J in your thoughts and prayers for her delivery and a healthy baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Totally disagree with that doc. When I went in for my induction my cervix was completely closed and posterior three days before due. The gel to dilate my cervix put me into labour and it was all done a few short hours later! Mind you things happen differently over your end of the world in terms of induction processes. -shrugs- I hope all goes well and she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm so excited for you and your sister! A new baby!

    ReplyDelete