Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My son is asleep...in his crib

(and I'm a nervous wreck!) and just after yesterday's sleep post...

So Truitt woke up at 6 this morning and took a short nap around 8 and was obviously very tired again so I nursed him (or tried to) and was rocking him but he kept getting more and more upset.  He was pinching, kicking and screaming and I was getting worked up about it so I decided to lay him down in his crib and walk away for a minute to calm down.  I went back into his room and he had stopped crying and was ASLEEP!!!  I don't even think it was 5 minutes because I walked into the living room, my husband called, and then walked back and he was peacefully asleep!

I keep going in there to check to make sure he's ok and I'm also worried because the bumper is still on his crib because he's never slept in there before!!!  I also hate that he's on his belly but his doctor told us that once they are able to roll that it's ok for them to sleep on their bellies....

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how awesome Truitt is at moving! He will be crawling in no time! Alexandra is still not even rolling over! She has done it a couple times (but only on a bed...so it doesn't really count since I don't think she even did it on purpose!).
    Congrats on the sleep progress! Outta the recliner and now into the crib! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm excited for you :) The first time I got Elliot to sleep in his crib, I laid him down in there while he was having a meltdown because I was so frazzled that I didn't know what else to do. I patted his back for a few minutes and he stopped crying and fell right asleep! :D
    Elliot also doesn't sleep on his back- he sleeps on his side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! This is how we started putting our baby to sleep. They are so comfy this way! I hope he continues... trust me it is such a relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww....he looks so content and peaceful! What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Makes me very sleepy just looking at him all comfy in his crib!

    ReplyDelete