Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Over the hump? **edited**

I realllllllly hope I don't jinx things but I have a had a happy baby for the past week and a half or two!  Granted, the colic shows its ugly face in the evening but we no longer are just sleeping, eating or screaming; we now have happy awake time added in there!  We have a lot of times where T and I just sit and talk to each other.  He LOVES being with family and is getting so expressive.  Sleep is slowly getting better too! We are sleeping in 3 hour stretches most of the time and even though it's only 30 minutes-hour longer than what we had been doing that helps a LOT!  Last weekend we put him in our bed and all 3 (well 5 including the dogs) slept for 3.5 hours!  I kept waking up to check on him but he did great.  I fed him, changed and swaddled him tight, layed him in bed (we scooted way down so our blankets wouldn't be close to him and I had a postitioner at his hips) and nursed him on the other side until he was sound asleep.  We haven't tried again because I don't want to disturb E each time Truitt wakes but we're trying again this weekend and if it works then we are moving back into bed!!!  AND today he took 2.5oz from a bottle for E!  Is it safe to say I think we're over the crying hump???


**Totally jinxed myself. He has been screaming for the past hour straight. This morning he has been sleeping, eating or fussing/screaming. At least I know he can be happy when he wants...

4 comments:

  1. i'm sooooo happy for you! We had a lot of fussing before but in the past couple of weeks it has drastically reduced. I think the 3 month mark makes a big difference! Woo hoo for happy awake time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Such good news :) I really hope he continues to do well for you! I love nursing in bed, it's so much easier to fall back asleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rylins colic slowly tapered off but was gone around 3 months! Sometimes she still fusses at night but only on days when she doesn't nap good and a quick lap around the block in the stroller calms her. It's so nice once there finally happy and your not dreading night time!!! We also cosleep and it works for us for now! And YAY for little Mr. Truitt taking the bottle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome, we started having loui sleep with us in the bed 2 weeks ago, he sleeps next to me, I also lay very low and have my arm around his legs, two nights ago he slept for 4 hours straight which was AMAZING< now he does somewhere between 2-3.5 hours which is great. I hope the colic goes away soon so u can rest and enjoy his happy time :) he's growing sooooo fast by the way, what an adorable little man :)

    ReplyDelete