Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wahoo first trip to L&D!

Let me start off by saying I was right. I knew that I didn't need to go but figured I'd "what if" all day if I didn't go in. I finally called Dr P's nurse and left a message and she called back telling me to go in to checked out.

This morning I woke up at 2:45 and got out of bed to pee.  The dog wanted out so as I walked down the hall to let her out and passed the bathroom I noticed that I had a decent gush of water.  I went to the bathroom, still peed and noticied my panties were completely wet.  I thought nothing much of it, just that I really had to pee and changed my underwear.  I woke up again at about 6:45 to go to the bathroom again and this time as I sat out of bed I had another gush.  My underwear were once again completely wet and this time I noticed that the majority of it was just damp (so it was wet from a bit earlier) and then there was the large brand new wet spot from the "gush."  I went ahead and called L&D and asked them if I thought I was leaking did I need to call my doctor or did I just go into L&D and she said to come in.  I showered and got ready for work, put a panty liner on went on in to work.  By 10 I hadn't had much leaking- the panty liner was practically dry- so I decided it was probably just pee overnight but I went ahead and called Dr P's office just to see what they thought. I got a call back and surprise, they told me to go in and get checked.

I told my boss I'd be back in a few hours and called L&D and told them I was on my way but expecting to be sent home.  First she checked me with some swab and a ph strip and both were negative for amniotic fluid. Then she did a cervical check and WE HAVE PROGRESS! I am now 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, and -3 station! I think that's a pretty HUGE jump from yesterday's 1cm and 0%effaced.  Maybe this kiddo wasn't happy with his "assigned" birthday that Dr P told us yesterday and wants to come sooner.  The nurse told me to go home and have intercourse and we'll probably be back in there in a day or two.  I sure hope she's right!  I was hooked up to the moinitors and at first he must have been sleeping because his heartrate was pretty flat but they had me drink some cold apple juice and he woke right up!  His strip looked great according to the nurse and I only had a few real contractions during the two hours.  So, all in all it was a wasted trip but I feel much better knowing I've had some big changes from yesterday.  My plan is to have sex daily, walk as much as I can, and anything else possible to get this baby to come early and prove to Dr P that he IS ready and I don't need a c-section!

10 comments:

  1. WOW that is a HUGE change from yesterday. Definitely sex it up, walk a ton, and maybe go jump on a trampoline or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! I hope baby comes soon!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. So cute he woke up from the apple juice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed that he shows up soon (even though it will kill my chances of winning the poll you posted awhile back on when he'd be born!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! it could be any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for progression!! I feel like I'm going to be pregnant until January! LOL! I hope labor starts naturally and you are able to have the birth you want! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your plan!! Show those doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! I'm happy you're making progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go you!

    Great news, definitely do EVERYTHING you can...

    Hope it happens soon so you guys can have Christmas together!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete