Monday, December 27, 2010

TRUITT IS COMING TOMORROW!

We check in tomorrow morning at 5am to induce labor!  We will get to the hospital and get checked in and they will start an IV and begin the pitocin.  Dr P will be in some time before 8am and will break my water and we'll go from there.  Great news is I'm already 3cm so I can get my epidural as soon as I'm ready for it!  My plan is to wait until I'm 5cm or hurting badly though.  We will see how that goes :)

So- I'm 3cm dilated already BUT his head is still at -3 station.  HOPEFULLY breaking my water will drop his head to rest on my cervix (and eventually pass through my pelvis) but there's a chance that his head is too big to drop and if that's the case I'll need a c-section and we would know that by lunch time.  If his head does drop and continues to do so as it should then we will continue with labor.  Come time to push, there's a chance that he'll be too big to push out and of course we'd obviously not know this until then and we'd need a c-section if I'm not able to get him to come out.  Regardless of what happens- HE'S COMING TOMORROW!!!

Dr P didn't strip my membranes because he said since it didn't do anything last week it probably wouldn't do anything tonight plus my water will be broken in the morning anyway.  Good news is he's on call so even IF something happened tonight on its own, MY doctor will be delivering Truitt!

I can't explain all that is going through my head.  It seems like we JUST found out that we were pregnant but in the same sense it seems like it was ages ago.  I am so worried I am not going to be a good mother and will not be a good wife but I cannot wait to experience everything.  This pregnancy has been such a blessing and I am so thankful for everything we have gone through.  I cannot believe we are meeting our son tomorrow!

I also feel terribly guilty about leaving the dogs.  I know their life is about to change drastically and I can't help but feel bad about it.  They don't eat when we're gone so I'm worried about that and they sleep in our bed so I'm not sure what they're going to do the next two nights.  My mom always stays here when we're out of town but with the whole grandma incident that happened a few weeks ago she's been staying with her so I guess they'll be sleeping alone.  E is planning on coming home to shower and make sure they eat for an hour or so tomorrow night and hopefully my or his mom will come spend some time with them too.

Well I'm off to finally instal the carseat, take down the Christmas decorations, vacuum, try out our new hard floor cleaner we got for Christmas, and anything else I can think of!!! How in the world do they expect me to get any sleep tonight?! I told Dr P I was going to have to take something and he told me to not even bother because it wouldn't help :)

Next time I am posting it will be my son's birth announcement!!! I am going to try my hardest to post that tomorrow night but it may be Wednesday depending on how things go.  Thank you so much to every one of you for all of the support and kind words you have offered during this journey to meeting our son! I am so grateful for every one of you!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Yay! Praying for a safe and smooth delivery!

    Good luck, mama--just take it one day at a time...you'll do great! :)

    (And get the epidural...it's wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures from the outside! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...the wonderful nesting symptoms! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN :) Try to get some rest. You will need it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! I hope you have an easy labor!!! Cant wait to read your birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very excited for you!!! Yay baby boy's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So exciting!! I can't wait to see how adorable your little man is. I am so super happy for you.

    And seriously, no worries on the being a good mom thing. I'm pretty sure you are going to be an amazing mom! And you are already a great wife, so no worries there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so excited for you. Praying for an easy delivery and healthy happy little man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wish I could tell you how EXCITED I am! I'm glad my water broke on its own because I {know} I wouldn't have gotten ANY sleep that night before my induction.
    Don't worry. I'm sure you're already a great wife and I KNOW you will be a great mother. Having Elliot has only brought Aaron and I closer together. :)
    Please please please post a picture tomorrowwwww! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER excited!!! Try to catch some shut eye tonight, once the baby is born you'll hardly ever sleep. I'm hoping that you get the vaginal birth you want, but it's great to know that either way he has a safe way out! Can't wait to see his cute little face.

    Being a Mommy comes naturally, so don't worry about a thing, oh, and use the nurses!! They were a tremendous help to me.

    ReplyDelete