Monday, December 13, 2010

Excuse my whining and the "birth plan"

I LOVE being pregnant.  I have been SO blessed with such a great pregnancy.  I have a very healthy baby boy growing inside of me.  I haven't had any complications (other than the one time scare of bleeding) and have felt great until a few weeks ago.  Now that I am so close to the end I really understand why so many people complain at the end of their pregnancy.  I feel so guilty writing this because I know so many people would kill to be where I am but I'm so ready to have my healthy and happy baby in my arms and be able to see my husband with him.

I have gotten to the point where I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable.  At night I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  I fall asleep on my right side and wake up to a throbing right ovary so I get up and pee, lay on my left side and rub on my ovary until I fall asleep.  I have a hard time on my left side because my hip feels so bruised from sleeping on it.  2 hours later I wake up again and if my ovary isn't still hurting I try my right side again.  This continues every 2 hours.  Normally after I wake up around 4am I'm able to sleep 3 or 4 hours in one stretch before getting up.  Good news- I will be used to waking up all night so night time nursing isn't going to be as foreign to me.  Bad news- I am absolutely exhausted, irritable, and have a horrible headache.

I think tomorrow, pending ultrasound results, I am going to beg Dr P to induce me next week. I don't know how long I can go on not sleeping any without even having a newborn to care for.  I also think my hip may snap off at the joint.  That, and my pelvis could explode.  I asked him last week if anyone's pubic symphysis has ever exploded and assured him that I may very well be the first case because when I move it feels like it's going to just pop out!  So I am going to plead that he allows me to induce at 38 weeks rather than waiting until 39 and we will see what the result is.  I'm really afraid if he tells me he can't do it I may have a mental breakdown/sobfest right there on the table. MAYBE Truitt is going to big enough that I won't even have to beg and he'll suggest moving up the day anyway!

So- speaking of the birth, this is our plan. IF I go into labor on my own we will let our parents know we are on our way to the hospital and that's it.  After we know if it's the real thing and they are keeping us I will send a text out to the rest of the family and my close friends.  I hope to be able to text them as I progress with updates.  Again, I'm having E, my mom, E's mom and my best friend in the room during delivery.  After Truitt is born they will stay in the room and take pictures while he's in the warmer being checked and the after birth stuff is happening with me. After they give him to me we're asking everyone to leave and we want about an hour to bond and nurse for the first time. After that we will send out a mass text saying he is here and I will be posting on facebook and on here as soon as possible and having our family come in to meet him.  I do NOT want social networking to interfere with my brand new baby at all but I know how anxious people will be to hear so we're hoping to figure out a happy medium!

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I HEAR YOU. I am getting so frustrated and uncomfortable myself. I broke down in tears last night because my pubic symphysis is so bad, my feet & ankles were swollen beyond recognition, I had a throbbing headache and my right hand has been numb for 2 weeks due to pregnancy induced carpal tunnel.
    My poor husband had no idea what to do with me.
    You and I sound like we have identical sleep patterns -- I'm in bed at 11, and get up at 1, 3, and 5. You could set a fricken clock by it. And then I can usually sleep from 5 until 8:30 or 9 straight. I haven't had ovary pain, I just get soooo hot and my hips have that bruised feeling.
    I cannot wait until both of us have our baby's in our arms!!!
    Hope it goes by quick for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya! My midwife hasn't even MENTIONED inducing, so I'm sure I'm going to have to endure until Bunny decides she wants to make her debut, or I'm two weeks overdue.

    I feel so anxious, and my husband doesn't really understand why I'm so emotional. It gets really frustrating. I hope T.ruitt comes soon! Let's get these babies out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pubic explosion- no kidding, it feels like walking around with your hips out of joint! You are being so generous about letting people come to visit. I hope people are respectful and you do get a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch, ouch. sounds like no fun at all. I'm contemplating begging for an early inducement too. I am so lucky and happy to be pregnant, but the bigger she gets the more she pushes on that f*^%@%@#ing gall bladder and it HURTS. Surely it can't be bad to have her come at 38 weeks instead of 40?

    ReplyDelete