Sunday, November 7, 2010

The walls are painted!

With the first coat at least!  At first we were planning on painting the walls a khaki color but then with the color of furniture E we decided to go with blue.  We had toyed around with painting one wall red but hadn't decided yet.  Today we started painting and E we decided to go ahead and do a red accent wall.  I am actually EXTREMELY happy with how it looks! Tomorrow after work E will paint the second coat and HOPEFULLY that's all that's needed although we have plenty of paint if a third is needed.  Wednesday E is going to put together the furniture and then I will decorate Thursday and Friday so it SHOULD be ready by the shower on Saturday so that we can put things away as we get them.  I'll update as soon as there's more progress :)

Sophie helping Dad get things ready
Photobucket

Before
Photobucket

Photobucket

During
Photobucket

After- the changing table/short&long dresser will be on the red wall, crib on the wall to the left, and tall skinny dresser on the wall to the right (I think!)
Photobucket

I think it will look fantastic after the next coat!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love it! So bright! I bet it'll look fantastic after a second coat. So the other two walls are blue, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such a little boy's room! He's gonna love it! :)

    ReplyDelete