Friday, November 19, 2010

I've decided...

that I either need more hours in a day, less hours in my work week (currently right at 40 hours a week) OR the ability to function on less sleep.  I don't see any of these happening anytime soon but it sure would be nice.  Now that the nursery is put together all I want to do is put things away and organize but I have had NO time!  Two nights ago I did baby laundry and went through things until 10:30 and last night we had Part 2 of our childbirth class, didn't get home until 8:30 and then again I worked in baby's room until 10- not falling asleep until 10:45 only to wake up 6 hours later for work.  ::Yawn::  Tonight E invited friends over for a fish fry so I'm sure it's going to be another long day but the good news is he's going hunting tomorrow morning and then I'm off Sun-Tues so I will get off work tomorrow afternoon, go home and nap and then wake up and "nest."

Last night (probably induced by being so dang tired) I kind of had a melt down.  It really started Wednesday night.  I was going through Truitt's new clothes and taking the tags off so I could wash them and put them away.  I THOUGHT I took anything that would bleed out of the pile but I left a maroon onesie in there.  I went to put the clothes into the dryer and noticed that 4 things- ONE BEING THE OUTFIT I WANTED HIM TO COME HOME IN- had pink splotches on it.  I spray and washed the onesie and went to bed.  When I woke up yesterday the pink was much lighter but still there so I sprayed it again, and washed it again... Before I left for work I checked it and there was still some pink but I didn't have time to spray, soak and wash before work so I called E and asked if he would respray, soak, and wash it when he got home and he said yes.  I get a text from him saying "where's the pink stuff? I just took the wet clothes out of the washer and they're in the dryer."  So I text back saying "I TOLD you they were in the washer and needed to be rewashed- you just ruined it."  Granted I am the one that turned it pink in the first place so I am really the one that did the "ruining" and I felt horrible for snapping.  I got home from work and he told me that it had turned out fine so I pull it out of the dryer and there is still pink splotched all over my white "Handsome Like Daddy" onesie.  I instantly start crying and he doesn't understand so I explain that I feel guilty for snapping at him since I was the one that messed it up in the first place BUT if he would have listened to how I asked him to do it, the pink could have come out and that it was the first outfit I bought once we knew Truitt was a boy. 

THEN we leave (about 10 minutes late because of my melt down) for childbirth class and I ask him what he wants to stop and get to eat and of course he says his normal "I don't care, what do you want?"  So I pull into the easiest on/off the highway fast food place and we sit.  We sat for a good 10 minutes when he finally tells me to just leave because we don't have time to wait.  Cue the waterfalls again.  My stomach was already growling and I couldn't imagine sitting in class for 3 hours starving.  He once again has no clue why I'm crying which makes it worse.  We ended up stopping somewhere else, scarfed down the food and made it to class with 5 minutes to spare. 

Poor guy.  He is such an amazing husband- I'm just a mess!

Part 2 of Childbirth class was good.  We talked about the stages of labor... did you know when you're having Braxton Hicks contractions your belly gets to be as hard as the tip of your nose; during early labor (until you're dilated to a 7) your belly feels like your chin, and during hard labor your belly is as hard as your forehead! YIKES!  She talked about how mom will feel, how dad(or support person) will feel and of course what will be happening during each stage.  She also talked about how important that first hour of baby being here is.  Baby is the most alert that he will be for the next 24-36 hours and it's crucial for breastfeeding and bonding to be established during that time.

I think our "plan" is for E, my mom, E's mom, my bff and my sister (if she's in town), to be in the room during pushing and delivery.  Once Truitt gets here the nurse takes him to the in-room warmer for apgar scoring and to weigh him, put bracelets on and do his footprints.  During that time I deliver the placenta and get any repairs if needed.  After they hand baby back to me we're going to have everyone leave so that E and I can get some alone time with Truitt and try nursing him for the first time.  After I'm able to feed him we'll allow guests back into the room.  We are both very happy with that and hopefully everything will work out!

We also talked about recovery, c-sections and much more but for now, I'm too tired to think of anything else to share!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the moodiness and random cry-fests! I'm all about that these days! I am also wishing I took off more time from work before the due date to relieve some of this nesting stress! I'm working until Friday the 10th and I'm due Sunday the 12th! Eeek! I know you'll get everything done and ready! I'm sure your family and bff are super excited to be allowed in the birthing room! Enjoy your restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha, omg the random crying. I have ALWAYS been a crier, so add in being pregnant and everything makes me sob. It's out of control. I can't believe you're due so soon!! I seriously feel like you just started this blog and were talking about starting clomid.

    ReplyDelete