Saturday, November 13, 2010

Baby Shower!

Absolutely amazing.  I think we had 44 people (plus little kids) there and countless gifts.  I honestly told E that we have to go back through everything so we can actually look and appreciate everything since we went so fast through all the gifts.  It took AN HOUR to open everything!  I think we only got two duplicates of outfits.  We got a LOT of diapers (yay!!!), plenty of blankets, outfits, and lots of other stuff I can't really think of right now.  Big item wise I think we got everything we NEED except for the big carseat that he'll need when he outgrows the infant carrier.  We have the swing, pack and play, travel system with extra base, jumperoo, bouncer, play mat, bathtub... and much much more!  We left everything at E's mom's house (where the shower was) and will go back to get it tomorrow.  There will be another post with pictures of the goodies but here are some I HAD to share tonight!

The Invite
Photobucket

Diaper Cake
Photobucket

Cake
Photobucket

The Spread
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Gifts
Photobucket

The girls who made it all happen!
Photobucket

The picture that made me say "WHOA?!?! Is my belly really that big?!?!"
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Aw! Everything looks great! What a cute cake and theme.

    Our shower is tomorrow. Most of our big ticket items are still on our registry, so that makes me a little nervous, but I know people give money and gift cards, so I'm hoping that will help us get those big things. We are expecting a good amount of people, though - about the same as you had.

    Have fun sorting! I can't WAIT to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such and exciting time. I'm so happy you had a special fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked like so much fun! Such a cute theme! I think that's the 1st time I've ever seen a theme at a shower. Definitely gonna copy having a theme.LOL

    You look great! You do NOT look big! I love all the gifts too! He's gonna love all his stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it went well! Mine was absolutely perfect... I had a great time! Isn't it great to be able to rest easily knowing that you already have most of what your little man needs? Last night I spent like 2 hours going back through all of our gifts and putting everything away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--looks like you had a great time! It took me a week or so to put all my stuff away! :)

    ReplyDelete