Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Amazing.

I cannot really put into words how amazing the ultrasound was today. Yes, I've seen him on the ultrasound screen before.  Yes, I've heard his heartbeat. Yes, I've felt him move.  Seeing his face today though gave this a whole new element and my eyes welled up the first time his little face showed up on the screen.  It was such a wonderful experience and I recommend it to ANYONE!

We walked in and you aren't on a medical table-it's a bed with an actual mattress! E sat on a super comfy couch and my mom was in a big oversized chair and we all watched the ultrasound projected onto a big screen.  The tech asked what our goal was and we told her to make sure it's a boy and to see what he looks like.  As she put the gel on my belly she said she wanted to check his heartbeat first before checking to see boy or girl but then said "nevermind, he wants to show us he's a boy first!"  Not only did we see his penis but we also got a scrotum shot and a full "turtle" view of the whole package.  His heartbeat was great at 144 and while we got an amazing show, the little booger wouldn't get his hand out of his face.  At one point he even had his FOOT IN HIS MOUTH!  I am going to go through the video soon and get some still pictures off of it but until then here you go...

The first thing he showed us
Photobucket

"Hey Dad! Look at my muscles!"
Photobucket

Profile shot- Left cheek. Black blob is where he was moving his hand around so much
Photobucket

Photobucket

Profile shot- Right cheek with right hand on the side
Photobucket

Sucking on that bottom lip!
Photobucket

Arm under his chin
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to experience it. I was totally crying the first time I got to see Elliot's face in 3D, over two months ago :)
    Looks like you have one HANDSOME little man in there! And I'm glad everything looks to be going well. Now, as long as he stays in there for another 8 or 9 weeks, you're golden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't technology amazing these days?? You must be so, so proud Sam. Beautiful little baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing and beautiful! i'm so glad you got such great shots! it makes me want to go out and get one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet sweet baby! I'm so in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw how exciting!! Our 3D ultrasound is next week and I'm on pins & needles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! He's so sweet! Bless his little heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool. You got some really good pics, he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha look at that little peen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG there's a BABY in there. A cute, sweet boy!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those r all so cute :) I can't wait till January is here, it's taking forever, good luck.

    ReplyDelete