Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WE ORDERED THE FURNITURE!

So after all my going back and forth this morning I noticed on the JCPenney website that the free ship to store event ended today... it may have been a ploy to get me to buy today but I didn't want to chance it actually ending today so E told me to go ahead and order the furniture! It is in stock and should arrive at our local store in 4 to 7 business days!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The furniture in the picture is "cherry" and we got "maple" for ours which is a light-medium colored wood that matches the rest of our house.  Oh, and all three pieces AFTER tax came out to $746.92.  I personally think that's an amazing price.  Most cribs we were looking at in other places were $400 and another $300 for just a dresser.

When it comes in we will go to the store and open a box to make sure we like the color of the wood; if we do not we will exhange it then for the "espresso" color.  As long as we like it, which I have a feeling we will, we will come home and match it next to the bedding and paint color and then leave it in the box until the room is painted to make sure we don't drip anything on it.

I AM SO EXCITED!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! :) Gorgeous picks. I love the dressers!
    I want to buy furniture SO BADLY, but my dad has made it not-so-obvious that he plans on furnishing the entire nursery as (part?) of our "thankyou-for-giving-me-a-grandbaby" gift. DARN. Yeah, he's a little stoked... and that leaves him more than generous. So I guess I shouldn't complain.
    But still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The dresser is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so YOU! Can't wait to see pics of the whole kit and caboodle put together with paint and bedding! I'm so excited FOR you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that we also ordered this same tall dresser, only in white. They were out of the tall dresser that went with the set we ordered, so we got this as a backup (it still goes well) and we love it! We have been really impressed with the quality and the service from JCP. In fact, the hutch and changing dresser came with a little crack in the bottom left hand corner and the crib had a small smudge of paint, so we called and they refunded 20% of the cost. So we got like $160 refunded from the 2 pieces and we already felt like we were getting a great deal!

    Good luck planning and decorating, it's so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete