Monday, September 27, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award!

Photobucket

Jess at Here Comes the Sun gave me this award!  Although Jess and I are due within a few days of each other she is in a much different situtation that I am.  First of all- her husband is on the other side of the world, serving our country in South Korea (and I'm worried about Eric going out of state for two weeks!) and second of all her sweet little boy Elliot was diagnosed with Gastroschisis during an early ultrasound.  Luckily she is an amazingly strong lady and I know that Mr Elliot is going to come out fighting and pray for a quick recovery and short NICU stay!  Please go visit her blog!!! Thanks again Jess for the award!

The Rules:
•thank and link back to the person nice enough to give you the award
•share seven things about yourself
•pass the award along to seven other bloggers who you think are fabulous
•contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award

Seven things I bet you didn't know about me:
1. My left thumb is considerably shorter than my right. It looks like it was hit with a hammer or something but my mother swears that never happened.  It's pretty bizarre.  When E comes home tonight I'll have him take a picture so I can add it to this!

2. I am not diagnosed with OCD but I have a LOT of tendencies. When I leave the house I have to check the pilot lights on our stove (it's gas) and check the burners in a specific order and a certain number of times before I leave the house. If I get sidetracked and do something else before walking out of the door I have to do it again.

3. I was a BOY scout!  They have a co-ed group called Venture for girls age 14-21 and I joined and absolutely LOVED it! I worked as the head lifeguard and a boyscout camp the summer after I graduated high school and even when backpacking at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico!

4. I have been bitten by a brown recluse spider FOUR times.  Each time it bit my in two spots, all on my right leg.  Each time the bites had to be lanced and packed with antibiotic strips daily.  It was horrible pain and who gets bit two twices on two different occasions!?

5. I played tuba in high school, marching band and all!  As you can tell, I wasn't too big on "girly" things and tuba just seemed fitting!

6. Even though I normally just mention my sister J, I am one of 5.  My dad was married and had two kids then divorced and married my mom had J and me and then again got divorced and remarried and had one more kid.  The oldest, my half brother, was 30 when my youngest half sister was born!

7. I thought I was allergic to shrimp for a few years.  As a kid I ate it no problem but then around my freshman year of high school I ate it two or three times and got extremely sick each time and my throat would even swell up so I figured it was an acquired allergy and didn't eat shrimp for over 7 years.  About a year ago I tried it again and haven't had a problem since!

Now here are my 7 award-getters!
Amber at Life:Chats and Rants
Angie at Random Thoughts from Angie
Crossed Fingers at My Lovely Lady Bump
NohaEl at New York-Cairo Baby
Paige at The Turning of Paige
Pookiedoo87 at Autism, Pregnancy, and Other Scary Things
Tracey at My Sweet T

5 comments:

  1. You have been a busy blogger today!!
    Am I the only one who finds reading these random facts fascinating? I was diagnosed with both OCD (and) ADD... but I no longer take medications for either. And my OCD is really pretty low key. It's the ADD that drives me insane more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had the same thing with shrimp! He could eat it just fine in his childhood, suddenly got seriously sick when he ate it during his teens, and now can kick back a pound of them with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo sweet!! I can't wait to post this on my blog. Also don't forget to update us on the glucose test results. They found out during that appointment that I was anemic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Samantha:) u made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! It's my first blog award! My 7 facts should be posted tomorrow (9/30) in case you wanna read 'em!

    ReplyDelete