Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update on J

***My sister J, not the J that had emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic last month***

Monday's Beta and Progesterone were 849 and 8.  The doctor prescribed her progesterone suppositories and she went back this morning,48 hours later, for a redraw.  Today's levels were a beta of 2073 and progesterone of 17- That's a doubling time of 37.27 hours.  Now she's worried because of the higher betas that it's going to be ectopic but I don't know.  Hopefully the numbers will keep increasing and sustain a healthy pregnancy!  She goes in this coming Monday for her first ultrasound!  At first we were both thinking she was only about 3 1/2 weeks along but with the higher betas who knows and of course based on her LMP she would be 6wks 2days today.

5 comments:

  1. 3 1/2 weeks pregnant, 1 1/2 week post ovulation because she took a test the week before (2 weeks post ovulation if it would've happened on cd14) so who knows. Maybe the first test was just a faulty test. We'll find out on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that all is well. I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks 4 days, I wish I would have gotten my beta levels checked then so I could share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her not to worry too much about ectopic. Levels often double faster than the standard 48 hours. Sounds perfectly normal to me! Congrats to her! I'm guessing she is around 5 weeks based on her numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah was thinking it looks pretty alright to me given the time that has passed since first pos test. I think we have a way of being able to scare ourselves! LOL!

    ReplyDelete