Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I PASSED!!!

At work we have to keep our phones put up in our lockers so when I went to the restroom and checked my phone at noon and saw a missed call and voicemail from Dr P's office I thought I failed since yesterday she said she would call after 3 with the results and here it was three hours earlier and she already called.  Luckily though I listened to the message and heard "Samantha, just wanted to let you know you passed your glucose test and all of your bloodwork looked great! Call back with any questions."  WAHOO!!!! I don't know what my number was but yesterday she did tell me that 140 or above was failing so all I know is I was lower than that!  I did drink a full bottle of water right before I drank the orange goo- not because I was trying to cheat but because I was that thirsty!  Also, Mr Man must have loved it because starting about an hour after I drank it all the way until last night when I went to bed he was the most active he has EVER been!!!

Other great news of the day- I SCHEDULED MY 3D/4D ULTRASOUND!  Next Tuesday at 3:30pm we will be getting a great look at our sweet little man and seeing his face! I cannot wait! I will be 27 weeks 2 days so he won't be chubby yet but I still can't wait to see him!  The package we're getting comes with 4 print out pictures and I think I will be buying the video so I can also get pictures of that.  YAAY!!!  This will probably be my last ultrasound unless Dr P is worried about his growth (too big or too small) or his positioning.  The place we're going has great reviews and the package is only $75 which I think is extremely reasonable.

J got her first beta back yesterday and her beta was 849(!) BUT her progesterone was only 8 and they wanted it to be 12 or higher so they began her on progesterone suppositories and she goes for her redraw (48hrs later) tomorrow morning.  She is terrified this will cause a miscarriage but hopefully they caught it early enough. Pray for a doubling beta and a good progesterone number for her!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Samantha! I'm going to try your water trick, lol! I really, really don't want to fail the test. I hope they tell me my results as quickly as you received yours.

    I can't wait to see pics of the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! i was so scared i was going to fail my glucose test. i fasted from anything sweet for 3 days before! hahaha! :)

    i want to do the 3D/4D ultrasound but am scared we're not going to get good pics because grant hates the u/s machine and never cooperates with us....we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you passed! :) Our 20 week anatomy scan is a 3D - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay, congrats :) oh the 3D us sounds so exciting, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Check one more thing off the list :)
    Can't wait to see the ultrasound pictures. I'll be having another 3D/4D two days after you... and I'm hoping Elliot cooperates and we actually get some good ones of his little face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you passed! Ecited for the 3D/4D! I hope we get to see a picture of him jumping around in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, huge relief passing the glucose test!!! And I'm so excited to hear all about the u/s, that will be SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete