Monday, September 27, 2010

26 weeks 1 day

Glucose test completed!  The drink wasn't horrible but thankfully I thought to take 2 Tums before and I think that helped me out some.  The nurse told me that I'll get a call tomorrow after 3pm if my sugar is 150 or higher and if it is then I'll go in Monday for the 3 hour test.

I am up 3.4lbs since last visit (3 weeks ago) and that's a total of 15.2 for the pregnancy and my blood pressure was 128/72.  T.ruitt's heartbeat was a strong 152bpm and my uterus is measuring slightly ahead at 28 weeks.  Dr P assured me that 2 weeks isn't a big deal and since he wasn't measuring that much ahead on the ultrasound we're good!  I got my flu shot and I go back in 3 weeks for another appointment.

Dr P was delivering a baby when I got there so the nurse chatted a bit more than normal.  We got to talking about my due date and she said with all patients Dr P will offer induction at 39 weeks.  That means we could be going in the hospital on Decemeber 26th and delivering Decemeber 27th!!! I REALLY don't want to be induced by my husband REALLY wants a 2010 baby so we'll see how things go when we get closer.  Maybe little man will decide to come around 37 or 38 weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Lady, if you were to decide to go ahead with the induction, our induction dates would be ONE DAY apart. Holy moly.
    Hopefully you did well on your test :) Did you totally restrict on sugary foods/drinks yesterday? I have mine soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, a 2010 baby!!! How exciting is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea on the Tums, I hope your results come back perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Induction (especially early) often leads to a higher rate of c-sections. I don't understand the dr's mentality of offering an induction to every patient at 39 weeks but I do understand your hubby wanting a 2010 baby! :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I hope the results were good, and about induction, i dunno! sounds a bit scary, though i want this baby fast too so i understand :) i'm hoping he just decides to come in week 37 :D we'll c, good luck to u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time's flying! You're doing great on your weight gain also. I swear, I hope I do that good!lol

    ReplyDelete