Sunday, September 12, 2010

24 weeks!!!

How Far Along: 24 weeks! HELLO VIABILITY!!!

How Big is The Baby: Last week T.ruitt measured 1lb 8oz!  He's growing from the size of an EAR OF CORN to an EGGPLANT!

Total Weight Gain:  My guess was correct. 7.6 lbs for the month (ouch) so just under 12 for the pregnancy.  I have a friend due the week before me and she's at +23lbs and was close to my size before pregnancy so I think I'm doing ok.  We're still shooting for about 5lbs a month though

Maternity Clothes: Almost exclusively

Sleep: Tylenol PM helped the first night I took it and then that was it.  I will be trying benadryl this week.

Gender: BOY!!!

Movement: He kicked SO hard the other night that my shirt was moving but E wouldn't wake up.  Hopefully daddy will be able to feel his little man this week!

Food Cravings: Nothing specific this week after my candy corn pumpkins

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night

What I'm looking forward to: E being able to feel a kick! Term in 13 weeks and I'm due in 16 weeks!!!

Milestones: My first frantic phone call to L&D. I had a hair appointment yesterday morning and when I walked in she gasped and said she forgot I was pregnant, otherwise she would have called to cancel me BECAUSE SHE HAS SHINGLES.  So I immediately left and covered my hands with hand sanitizer as soon as I got the the car since I touched the door knob and called the hospital.  The nurse told me I did the right thing by getting out of there but since I had chicken pox as a kid I should be fine but to call Dr P on Monday if I want the reassurance. OH AND WE'VE REACHED VIABILITY! T.ruitt still needs to stay put for at least 13 times more weeks but what a nice feeling! Also, WE REGISTERED!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on viability, you're getting there!!!! And love the name, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a viability happy dance for you! :)
    And, mind sharing your registry #? I love getting ideas from others' registries, haha. Especially now that it's crunch time- we ordered my invitations today, and my shower is in less than eight weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the candy corn pumpkins at the store today and thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Yaaaaaaaay viability!!! What an awesome and wonderous milestone. So very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on hitting 24 weeks!! You know how I LOVE viability! Our bambinos better stay put until 37 weeks. Love the belly pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 24 weeks! That is so exciting that he's kicking and moving and making his presence known. I'm so excited to reach that milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on viability!!! :-D

    Don't stress to hard about the shingles. Like the nurse said, if you've had chicken pox then you've got immunity which keeps both you and bub safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete