Thursday, August 5, 2010

We have bedding!

That is, as long as baby bean is still a boy!  E and I went on a mini-vacation to Houston to see my dad.  I had seen some baby bedding I really liked but couldn't find it in a physical store anywhere.  One of the online stores is in Bleiblerville and I googled that and it happens to be about an hour out of Houston so we decided to stop!  First we went to the Blue Bell factory in Brenham and took a tour and then got ice cream- YUM!!!  Afterwards we drove about 20 minutes to Bleiblerville and saw the bedding. It was even better in person than online and we figured since we were there we might as well buy it and save on shipping cost- so we did!  I still need to order the mobile, hamper, and window treatment but I'll wait until we get closer to our due date.  The company has a full refund or exchange policy so if baby bean is a girl we can swap or get our money back!

And I present you with our bedding!!!!
Photobucket

I am in love!  We will painting the walls some shade of brown or khaki and will be putting this decal on the wall!
Photobucket

When are you planning on doing your nursery?  I think we are going to paint at the end of September or early October and I'd like to have everything set up and all of the furniture by Novemeber... is that too early?  Also, when are you wanting your shower?  I'd like to have mine November 20th, one day shy of 34 weeks.  It is the week before Thanksgiving so I don't think anyone will be traveling yet and that will give me time to get everything organized hopefully before baby bean gets here.  E's cousin's wife is having hers when she is only 27 weeks and I feel like that is too early... I know there is not set time on when you should or shouldn't have one but what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I agree with all your dates. I had my shower at 28 weeks and delivered at 35 weeks. My nursery was complete by sept 15 and i delivered on oct 5. So you can never be set up to soon for your babies arrival..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff! I use to live in Texas, I miss the Bluebell ice cream! YUM is right!

    I have no idea when we're going to actually start on our nursery. DH wants to put new carpet in the room...I think he's crazy but he insists...so whatever.

    My shower will probably be in January - trying to do a shower around the holidays was going to be too hard. I can't wait until Feb incase this baby shows up early sooo January it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think early is good. That way you know what you still have to buy. And you don't have to work on the nursery when you are to uncomfortable to enjoy it. Very cute and unique bedding. Perfect for a little man :-)

    We are going to start our nursery soon,I want to have it done before the third trimester. Same for the shower. I want to be present at it, so I think the earlier the better. We're thinking early December. Around 26 weeks. (With twins you never know when they'll put you on bedrest!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I'm getting nervous b/c everyone seems to be getting their baby stuff together and I still have NO CLUE what I need/want ! Ahhhh! I love the cowboy theme you've got!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! Good choice! I've never been to the Blue Bell factory. I really want to check it out sometime. As a Texas transplant, I can't believe I missed out on this delicious ice cream for most of my life.

    ReplyDelete