Sunday, August 29, 2010

22 weeks!!! *PICTURE*

How Far Along: 22 weeks!

How Big is The Baby: Now about or over a pound! In the next 4 weeks we can expect baby to double his weight, whoa!  So much for fruit fun though, now we only get a new fruit once a month rather than weekly so baby is still about the size of a PAPAYA!  I went to walmart last week and picked up the smallest papaya they had and it was still huge!

Total Weight Gain: I've decided that I will only answer this on doctor weeks since our scale is crap. My doctor and I will both be very pleased if I can keep the weight gain at 1 lb/week or about 5 per month.

Maternity Clothes: Uh huh! I bought a cute dress on sale for $9 that has a tie around the waste but of course it rolls up to under my chest and it looks SO cute!

Sleep: I think I have been going to bed too early because I have started staying up until 9 or 10 (instead of 8 or 9) and only wake up 2-3 times.  I have a really hard time falling back asleep but it's better than waking up every other hour! I am going to ask Dr P about taking benadryl or tylenol pm occasionally at my next appointment.

Gender: BOY!!!

Movement: I experienced my first kick to the bladder. WHOA! I thought I was instantly going to pee myself, ran to the bathroom and then didn't need to go.  As soon as he kicked again the same thing happened.  Luckily he moved and is no longer kicking the bladder! His kicks are still really low though.

Food Cravings: I always thought people crave a specific food their whole pregnancy like waffles and meatballs or something (not those specifically but I didn't want to use the pickle cliche).  Anyway, my cravings haven't been like that mine are if I want something then I HAVE to have it!  The other day I wanted an Arby's sandwhich but there was a bad storm that knocked out power to half the town so I had to wait until the power came back up so I could go get it.  Jess mentioned lemon cake so I HAD to go to walmart and buy lemon bar mix :)

What I Miss: Sleeping through the night

What I'm looking forward to: E being able to feel a kick! We're only a week and a half away from our big anatomy scan (why is my doctor the only one that waits until 24 weeks?!) and TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM 24 WEEKS!

Milestones: I have noticed at the end of the day I have a pregnant waddle.  Haha, it's not from being too big it's from round ligament pain but I think it's funny.


Photobucket
I think the belly looks smaller this week but I'm pretty sure it's just because my shirt isn't tight on the bottom of my belly like the last few have been!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting that you are feeling the baby kick! My baby kicks every other hour and at 8am he's up and I guess very happy =). Wait till he kicks your hubby, that's the best feeling in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! I am glad you found my blog and vice versa. I am excited to follow you and your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I cannot wait to feel our baby either!!! My sister was like that with cravings - she called them cravings by suggestion. I haven't had any "I NEED IT NOW" cravings but every once in a while I actually taste something in my mouth. I try to get that food but sometimes I cannot and by the time I can the craving has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 weeks!! :) I'm LITERALLY counting down the days to 24 weeks (vitality).
    My Peanut has started kicking higher now... but still likes to kick low most of the time. The first few times I felt kicks up higher, I was startled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for 22 weeks!! Your belly is adorable! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete