Sunday, August 15, 2010

20 weeks!!! **Updated with Pictures**

How Far Along: 20 weeks! I cannot believe it! We are officially halfway to the end of pregnancy.  When did that happen!?

How Big is The Baby: This week baby is growing from the size a CANTALOUPE to the length of a BANANA! There's a banana in my belly!

Total Weight Gain: The number wasn't nearly as bad as I was preparing for.   Up 4 pounds for the pregnancy.  My doctor and I will both be very pleased if I can keep the weight gain at 1 lb/week or about 5 per month.  I'm just worried about the last two months... babies put on a lot of weight then so that means momma does too- PLUS it'll be Thanksgiving! We'll worry about that when it comes!

Maternity Clothes: Motherhood had a buy one get one 1/2 off jeans sale so I bought two new super cute and comfy pair of jeans so I think 3 pair of jeans will be plenty to rotate through and last me the winter!
Sleep: I'm a bit more sore each time I wake up to move but I'm waking about twice a night to go to the bathroom.  I think by the time we make it to term E will have to sleep in the other bedroom because I will have so many pillows in bed with me!

Gender: BOY!!!

Movement: He's kicking me right now! I asked Dr P if it was normal to be feeling the kicks/punches/rolls so low and he said that was perfectly fine.  Each day they should get harder and move to different spots.  I had a Spanish class for work the past two days and there was a lot of repeating the words in unison as a class and the baby either loved or hated it because he was moving a LOT.

Food Cravings: Nothing really this week. I've been making an active effort to eat more healthy but if I want something sweet I get a small serving of it and that seems to keep everything at bay.

What I Miss: I miss not knowing what round ligament pain is!  Friday night I was in tears (not complaining-just telling you a story) because my left side and hip hurt so badly.  I think it was the chairs in that class but still it was bad! I asked E if he would give me an epidural.  Thankfully I woke up and it was gone and has only returned in small dull bouts.

What I'm looking forward to: E being able to feel a kick!

Milestones: 20 WEEKS! HELLO HALFWAY POINT! Also, IF we have a problem and need to go to the hospital, I no longer go to the ER, I just go to L&D! Hopefully we won't be doing that for 17 more weeks but it feels like I'm graduating or something!

20 week belly pic!
Photobucket

Excuse the "It's 105 degrees outside and I've been up since 4:45am" face and hair! One of my super cute shirts I had made :D
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 20 weeks!!!!! Awesome! So sorry about the round ligament pain. I have a bit of that and it stings so bad!
    About the mat leave...I knowww I'm so so lucky to be in Canada. You do get paid the whole time! Here's how it works:
    My employer pays me in full for the first 16 weeks (not everyone gets it that long, it depends on your employer...I work for a national bank who has great benefits). Then, I go on EI, which is employment insurance. The government pays that to me every 2 weeks. EI is only 55% (I think, it may be 65% though) of your income though, so my employer 'tops me up' the rest, for 8 more weeks. Then I'll just stay on EI until my year is up. So really, you do get paid, just not 100% the whole time.
    Then if I want to go back to work, my exact same job has to be there for me.
    And I can start my mat leave anytime within 12 weeks of my due date, so since I most likely won't go back to work, I may start it early to have time off during the holidays. Everyone tells me to wait until January because then I won't have to go back to work until after the holidays, but that may not even be an issue because I'll just quit then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I swear it seems like you just found out you were pregnant and now the baby is halfway here!LOL Times flies when you're having fun, huh??

    He's bigger too, size of a cantalope and long as a banana. I can picture how big he is a lot better. The smaller fruits got me.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! Thank you for your info. And this is sonography training site. It pretty much covers sonography related stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! :) I'll be 20 weeks next week, too... and it seems insane to already be so far along. Of course, I'm counting down the days to Vitality Day (24 weeks) especially since our little one will most likely be coming early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooooooo! I so can't wait to be where you are now!!! LOL! Can't wait to see your next bump shot! :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo halfway there!!!

    and yay cute belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOH! I see what the shirt says now! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete