Sunday, August 1, 2010

18 weeks!!!

How Far Along: 18 weeks! Does that sound like a lot to you because it does to me!!

How Big is The Baby: This week baby is growing from the size a SWEET POTATO to a MANGO! The bump says 6.0in (but we were that two weeks ago!) and 8.5oz!

Total Weight Gain: I'm betting at the visit in a week and a half I will have gained about 5lbs.  E tried to check the scale with a dumbell and it was still all over the place so we'll probably buy a new one.  This week we're going on vacation and stopping at a few places featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives so it may be more than 5lbs!

Maternity Clothes: A, you'll be happy to know today may be the last day of the windpants!  As I'm sitting here I keep having to tug at the waist band because it's pushing on my lower belly.  I think we will be going strictly to maternity pants and too-big basketball shorts :)

Sleep: I had two glorious nights of only waking up once to go to the bathroom. Yesterday I felt dehydrated and drank two bottles of water between 8 and 9 so I was up every few hours.  I do find getting a comfortable position in bed much more difficult though.

Gender: BOY!!!! I was worried about things switching at the next ultrasound but I've looked at many ultrasounds and have all but convinced myself we're having a little man!

Movement: YES! It started Monday night and I feel it a few times a day now.  If I sit and lean forward he moves a lot!

Food Cravings: Anything!  Hah, I don't know if I've ever been this hungry!  My portions are still much smaller than they used to be but I eat and then I'm hungry again within an hour.  I'm trying my best to eat as healthy as I can but like I said, I'm sure the weight gain has begun.  Oh, and as for last week's craving of Wing Stop... we took care of that last Sunday afternoon but it already sounds delightful again!

What I Miss: Hahaha... normal hair growth. This is probably TMI but it's my blog.  So my legs and armpits are gross these days.  I always have shaved every morning in the shower but it seems like now by mid afternoon I could shave again! THEN yesterday I looked in the mirror in the car and had two large BLACK hairs on the side of my face on each side... they were super long too. Ewwww! Did I really just tell yall that?!  Oh, also my eyebrows that used to make it two weeks between waxing barely make it a week now!

What I'm looking forward to: My belly getting bigger and more movement!  I can't wait for the day for him to move enough for E to be able to feel him!  Oh, and we're going to see my dad in Houston this week so that's exciting!

Milestones: M O V E M E N T!  Yesterday at the baby shower a few people saw me that hadn't seen me in a few weeks and all had the  "whoa! where'd that come from!?" reaction to my belly.  Loved it!

5 comments:

  1. Love these updates....really moving along, little mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye, windpants!!! :)

    I am totally getting those random hairs too. So freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for movement! That's so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting that you can feel him move! I think I am most looking forward to that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Thanks for stopping by via ICLW. :) Looking forward to following along in your journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete