Friday, July 2, 2010

Baby Bean is ok

After 5 hours we are finally home.  The short version- baby bean is fine right now measuring at 14wks 6days and heartrate of 156.  I have a complete placenta previa and am considered high risk from here on out.

So we got to the ER and after they checked me in I needed to pee and they told me to go ahead and pee in a cup and there was a clot.  Not like a period clot- but still a clot.  Once they took me back we had a graduate nurse who stuck me twice and still didn't hit a vein and they finally got blood work after a different nurse came in and tried.  Radiology came and got me for an ultrasound and the tech told me he wasn't able to tell me anything- good or bad!  The only thing he said during the scan was "how far along are you SUPPOSED to be?" so I instantly freaked thinking supposed to be rather than am which means baby is gone.  The ultrasound took quite some time and I could tell he also did my ovaries and measured a LOT but I couldn't read his face at all.  After I got back to the room the doctor finally came in and told me that the baby was just fine and measured 14wks 6days and the heartrate was good at 156 beats per minute.  He said that I have a COMPLETE placenta previa and that the placenta is completely covering the entire opening to my cervix.  While most placentas grow towards the top of the uterus mine decided it'd go right to the very bottom.  He said I will have to be on complete pelvic rest- absolutely no sex or vaginal exams and no heavy lifting.  In some cases the placenta will migrate higher in the uterus but in cases as severe as mine they normally don't move much if any.  I may have to go on bedrest and I will have to have a c-section and baby bean may have to come a little early but should be ok.  I will stay on bedrest for the next 6 months if it will get me a healthy baby!

I am off work until at least Sunday and I call Dr P at 8am in the morning.  I will not speak with stupid medical assistant-  I am just going to speak with the super sweet receptionist and let her know that I was in the ER and have been diagnosed with complete placenta previa and that I also have a UTI and need to see Dr P ASAP. 

Thank you so much for all of the thoughts and prayers... keep them coming that we have no further complications! 

I will update as soon as I know further!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the complications but so glad that baby bean is ok. Thinking lots of positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I am SOOO relieved that you and bean are ok. I couldn't stop thinking about you after reading your last post.

    That really sucks about being high risk, but at least you can proceed knowing what is going on. I'll continue to send thoughts and prayers your way throughout the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. I was so worried last night! Just take it easy.:) Glad everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about you being high risk and probably needing bed rest at some point, but you know it will all be worth it. Take care of yourself and don't over exert yourself! You can also look forward to extra ultrasounds from here on out! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that baby bean is okay. Sorry about the possibility of bed rest for 6 months. Thinking of you and praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. phew! I'm so happy to read this post. I was anxious to check up on you this morning! I hope that the placenta moves its way back where it should be, but if not, relax and rest up! Its all worth it for the bean!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you little bean is ok. Thank God!!! I was praying for you yesterday. I'm sorry that you have to be on bedrest, but it's all worth it!! Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very happy to hear you and bean are doing well. Rest up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that baby bean and you are ok. Sorry to hear about your crummy diagnosis, and the probability of bedrest. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear baby is ok. Placenta problem sounds worrisome. Prayers going up.

    ReplyDelete