Sunday, July 25, 2010

17 weeks!!! *And first belly pic*

How Far Along: 17 weeks!

How Big is The Baby: This week baby is growing from the size of an ONION to a SWEET POTATO!!! At the ultrasound last week our little man was measuring 6in long and 6oz!

Total Weight Gain: I'm thinking +1 or 2 but our scale is so worthless.  It's like the biggest loser scale these days.  You step on and it goes up and down and up and down.  It's still ending up the same amount I've been at this whole time but based on how much I've been eating I'm sure I've gained a few pounds.
Maternity Clothes: My mother in law bought me a pair of maternity shorts and they are SO much better than last year's "too big" shorts that are no longer too big in the waist.  As for those shirts I bought last week at target- old navy had an additional 50% off clearance priced items last week so I got 6 shirts, a pair of sweat pants, a dress, and some baby clothes for a friend for $30.  Needless to say I took back the target shirts. I also bought a gorgeous dress yesterday that was marked down from 90 to 27 for my shower even though it's months away

Sleep: Waking up 2 or 3 times to go to the bathroom.  I cannot lay on my right side for long because my ovary cramps really bad so I try to spend all night on my left side but keep waking up on my back.  If I do wake up still on my side my arm is normally asleep.

Gender: BOY BOY BOY!!!! I'm really nervous they'll say girl at the 24 week ultrasound just because we've already switched once but I think the ultrasound speaks for itself.

Movement: I realllllllly hope I'll feel him moving this week.  Both Dr P and the peri said it will be more like 20 weeks but I know quite a few people due around me and they're already feeling their baby move.

Food Cravings: I had a Wetzel Dog yesterday and it was wonderful!  It's from a pretzel shop in a mall that's about 45 minutes away and it's a hot dog wrapped in a pretzel.  I know, so healthy but I couldn't resist.  I also have been craving Wing Stop like crazy but ours is no longer in town so no such luck.  There's one about 30 minutes away and I have seriously thought about driving down there for their french fries dipped in ranch and lemon pepper and hot wings!!!

What I Miss: Sex still.  We might try the day before my next visit

What I'm looking forward to: My belly getting bigger and feeling my little guy move!

Milestones: Finding out the sex! Also someone other than family touched my belly for the first time so that's got to mean I'm showing a little bit- right!?

Here's my 17 week "belly bump." I still think I look fat but people swear I'm showing so I'll let you be the judge of it.  Lovely iPhone quality because I have yet to find my cord or buy a new one.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. PMSL @ the Biggest Loser scales. Ahhh dear... Time to invest in a new set me thinks. ;-)

    Great pic Sam. Looks like you've got a nice round protrusion happening there. Show urself with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute CUTE belly, Sam!!!!!! It sounds like things are progressing quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE BELLY!!!! Cant wait till I have a cute one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great baby bump you got going on there!

    I don't know what a wetzel dog is, but it sounds delicious!

    You made out like a bandit at Old Navy! I wish I could find a sale like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wait..one morning soon you will wake up and have this big hard belly and not know how it can grow so big while you are sleeping...

    ReplyDelete