Sunday, July 18, 2010

16 weeks!

How Far Along: 16 weeks!

How Big is The Baby: This week baby is growing from the size of an AVOCADO to an ONION! Over 5 inches and nearing 6 ounces.  Wahoo, grow baby, grow!

Total Weight Gain: I've given up on the home scale. I'm always within a pound or two (plus or minus) from the last time I weighed and it's always heavier than the doctor's scale.  I'm eating like crazy though so it will not surprise me in the least if I have gained a few pounds when we go in for our 19 week visit.

Maternity Clothes: Yes please!  They are so much more comfortable although my "too big" shorts from last year are still fitting nicely.  I bought some plain t-shirts from target and I'm going to have cute phrases sewn onto them like "expecting" or "bun in the oven"...yes, I'm one of those people.

Sleep: Still waking up on average 3 times a night.  I don't understand where it's coming from but I pee more than I ever have in my life!  I am starting to get nervous though because I keep waking up on my back and not my sides.  I fall asleep on my side and I guess I can't really control the rest.

Gender: We decided that we ARE going to do the 3D gender scan and I'm going to schedule it for July 29th!  I will be 18wks 4days so hopefully baby will let us know boy or girl for sure!

Movement: I have thought I have felt something a few times this week but am still thinking it's gas. We are getting close though!

Food Cravings: Pretty much anything.  I am constantly hungry.  I will eat (although it is normally a small amount) and then my stomach will growl an hour later.  I am trying my best to snack healthy but when you eat all day there's only so much healthy food in the house!

What I Miss: Sex. It has been since our ER scare on the 1st and even though Dr P said it would be fine and I probably wouldn't bleed I am still terrified.  Poor E.  I told him this is good practice for after the baby when nothing is allowed for 6 weeks.  I figure we may take the leap one day during office hours so I can go up to Dr P's office if there is a problem rather than having to deal with the ER again.

What I'm looking forward to: WE FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE HAVING IN 11 DAYS!!!

Milestones- My bump! I was going to post a picture today and guess what-still no camera cord. I suppose I'll buy one on ebay.  It's not so much that I'm "showing" but I can no longer suck in so now my lower tummy is rounded- even more so with maternity clothes on!  I also have discovered round ligament pain.  At least I think that's what it is.  I'm having a constant dull ache and I think that's what it has to be.  It's not so dull when I go from sitting to standing!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 16 weeks!! We also find out the gender of our little on on the 29th of this month, I'm so excited!!

    Oh, and as for the movement, you'll KNOW it when you feel it. It was the weirdest sensation, and sometimes it makes me jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 16 weeks!! I'm dying to feel the movement too, I keep thinking could that be it...but how do you really know?!? And can't believe you're finding out the gender for sure SO soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for 16 weeks. I think I am most looking forward to feeling the baby move - I have always wanted to experience that!

    I held off on sex too because of my spotting but I'm going to try again and know that I will probably see spotting & it's nothing to worry about. *breath breath* haha!

    ReplyDelete