Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nursery

So I know I said I'm not going to buy any bedding (or anything else) until we know for sure what baby bean is around 18 weeks after the gender scan BUT I have been looking hard at girl nursery sets since we already found a boy one(oh and since Dr is 95% sure baby bean is a GIRL!).  I found this one and E LOVES it.

Photobucket

Well loveD it until I told him what it costs.... $555!  What?!?!  It's custom handmade from a boutique but still that's a LOT for bedding!  It's pretty much out of the question because I cringed at the bedding that was $300 let alone half a grand but I cannot find anything that I like even half as much as this.

Does anyone sew?!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is outrageously expensive! Maybe if you really want it you can ask people at your shower(s) to put money towards it instead of buying you other stuff?
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cringe* That is a LOT! Search Etsy! That place is a heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Etsy! They have some great bedding options and some of the women even let you send the fabric and they will make it. Another option is Ooh Baby at Stacy's Furniture in Allen. My friend ordered her bedding from there. Now I am not sure of the pricing, but she said there were thousands of fabric options to choose from and you just pick it all and they make it. I am going to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Hope you find something similar that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute, but yikes it is expensive!! Sounds like I'll be checking out etsy from the comments above ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's adorable! But yet a bit expensive =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuuuuute! You know, I bet you could find something very similar for less $$ if you poke around a bit. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That price is enough to turn anyone green! Mind you, that is a pretty full scale arrangement there with enough padding to protect even the most adventurous of little tykes. Ebay is always another good option though... All sorts of magical things on there at insane prices if you're prepared to dig a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete