Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's cooling off!

The temperature climbed to 85 degrees and then a storm popped up out of nowhere.  I opened the windows and thanks to the wind and rain it cooled the house off to 80.  E came home and turned the unit back on and it started blowing cool air right away.  Evidently, things "froze up" and that's why it wasn't cooling earlier.  What a relief!  I was convinced we were about to have to shell out thousands of dollars on a brand new unit.  We're not in the clear yet- it could happen again but so far so good!

Oh, and I took your advise and went to Etsy for bedding (I've bought small things from there but never anything major like this) and found a lady who I think would be able to make it and her bedding is anywhere from $199 to $359 so hoepfully I can work with her on making my dream bedding for around $250!

This is one of her sets that's only $219.99.  I don't think I want the monogram on the bedding but I think the pillow is adorable and if it's a girl I really think I want to do the pink and either brown or black and white cow print!
Photobucket
I actually like this skirt better- the other was too busy!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I heart that bedding! I am a big fan of animal print so ya know what I would say ha! But I do love the pink and brown and paisley oh so much too! Girl if you have a girl you will be buying stuff like crazy believe me I know ha! I am addicted to Etsy! Love it....
    Oh I feel ya on the Heating and Cooling Unit....Luckily the hubs best friend is a HVAC owner of his own company so when ours is on its last leg he fixes it and saves us and we don't have to pay hardly anything :0)

    Good luck with yours
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share with me who the etsy seller is? I'm trying to figure out something for my bedding, too, and got a little lost searching in etsy.

    The bedding is so adorable!! And man, you're really on the ball!! Good for you, but it makes me feel like a huge slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was an easy fix on the AC. I love etsy! I'm glad you were able to find a seller!

    ReplyDelete