Monday, June 21, 2010

Dr is 95% sure that our baby is...

...A GIRL!!!

Unfortunately he didn't print off ANY of the ultrasound pictures and I am so upset about that but we have lots of great news to report.  First of all the ultrasound was ON TOP OF MY BELLY!  I went into the room and the nurse told me to lay down and I said "with my pants on?!?!" It's so amazing that our bean is big enough to be seen through all of my tummy!  I can't believe how high it was either-the scan was done about halfway between my belly button and panty line! 

We finally HEARD (and saw) the heartbeat at a wonder 153 beats per minute!

Most importantly, the scan didn't show any abnormalities in the baby's formation or organ systems.  The Nuchal space between the neck was well within limits and the doctor didn't see any indications of problems.  He showed us her arms and hands, (which E asked if she was clapping because she was moving so much!) belly, back, legs and feet.  The hands were the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  I REALLY wish I had a picture to show you!  He got to her legs and asked if we wanted to know what we were having and he said... GIRL!  I asked how sure and he said 95%!  I was worried E would be upset but I have never seen him smile as big as he was!  We're not going to buy anything until we confirm at 18 weeks but we are both so excited!

Also-  Baby bean is measuring to be due on 12/25 rather than 1/2 putting us at 13weeks!  He said that my due date most likely will not be recalculated just that baby is growing well!  E is 6'0 and I'm 5'9 so that's not surprising to me.  E is glad because he is still pushing for this baby to be born by 11:59pm on 12/31 so the numbers are showing in his favor!

We will not be buying anything pink or making nursery plans (although I am looking!) until we have our next scan at 18 weeks.

13 comments:

  1. I can't believe how soon they can tell you what you're having now! 12 weeks!? That's crazy. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Yayyyy!!! A little girl, how exciting!!! Wasn't it amazing to see her moving around? I was so happy when I saw my baby moving all over the place. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Girls are such a blessing.

    And congrats on the over the tummy ultrasound. That's a big day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is so awesome! I wish I got info like that at my 12 week scan! I have to wait for my next one at 20 weeks! No fair! so happy everything is going great!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get ready for sugar and spice. So, so sweet.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! That is so exciting! It would take some serious constraint for me to not go buy cute dresses and bows after that! :) I know it isn't CONFIRMED, but I'd be so darn giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! What a blessing! i am so happy your scan went well. And a princess? That is just so exciting!Congrats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! OMG, that is so exciting!! So glad it went so well, I'm counting down the seconds until mine this afternoon! So happy for you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the girl!! That's amazing. So excited for you. Can't wait to see pics someday soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete