Sunday, June 27, 2010

13 weeks!!!

How Far Along: 13 weeks! HELLO SECOND TRIMESTER!!!

How Big is The Baby: This week baby is growing from the size of a PEACH to a LEMON!  I'm slightly confused though because most peaches I've eaten are bigger than a lemon... Oh well, no matter what baby is about 3 inches long and weighs over an ounce now!

Total Weight Gain: Every morning I weigh at home and I'm always within one pound of my starting weight. So I guess still the same which is great.  My body has plenty reserve to grow baby bean!

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new.

Sleep: Still waking up every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom.  The books say this may get better now that we're moving onto the second trimester but now my problem is I am having a really hard time getting comfortable enough to fall back asleep.  I have never been a stomach sleeper so that's no problem but I cannot lay on my right side because it makes my ovary cramp bad (the dr swears it's ok) and I try not to sleep on my back so my left side is getting warn out... I know they say that's the best position anyway though.
Gender: We're sticking with the peri's prediction of 95% sure GIRL!  Still not buying anything until we have our gender ultrasound in August though.
Movement: She was ALL over the place during the ultrasound but I still can't feel anything.  It's crazy to know you have a baby in there moving so much but you can't feel a thing!

Food Cravings: CHERRIES!  I bought a 2lb bag from the store the other day and it didn't last long.  I think all fruit just sounds great.  I had some cantaloupe tonight that was one of the best tasting things I've ever eaten!

What I Miss: Sleeping but it's all worth it!

What I'm looking forward to:  Another week and a half until our next appointment and then next appointment after that will be the gender scan!
Milestones- SECOND TRIMESTER!!!  I also finally "came out" on facebook last week!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the second trimester!!!!! Cherries sound delish. Girl has good taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy second trimester! I also told all my friends on facebook =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOO SECOND TRIMESTER!!! That's such a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello 2nd trimester...ahhh, music to my ears!! And I totally had that same thought about peaches and lemons...but then yesterday at Trader Joe's I bought some peaches that were pretty tiny...so I guess they mean T.J. peaches, hah! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about the peach too. Maybe it's northern peaches and we are used to the southern peaches.LOL

    Congrats on the 2nd trimester! The time is flying by. At least it seems to be flying by for me!

    ReplyDelete