Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This that and the other

So my sister J got her HSG last month and all was clear so they told her she'd start meds on her next cycle which began on Sunday.  She went in yesterday for her cd3 baseline ultrasound and all was good to go so she starts the meds.  They have her taking 10 2.5mg Fe.mera pills ALL AT ONCE tonight and then she goes in next Wednesday for a follie check and when she's ready they'll do an HCG trigger.  Has anyone every heard of taking all 10 pills in one night?!  It kinda blew my mind but he has a really high success rate so hopefully it'll make for a good follie or two.

E's cousin M (the nice one that's pregnant not the stupid one who said she has things off just as bad as those having problems TTC) is exactly 5 weeks ahead of me so she's 13 1/2 weeks now.  She has been REALLY sick and getting progressively worse as the days go by.  I think she's already had over 10 ultrasounds because she has been to the doctor and ER so many times.  Well two weekends ago she was visiting her dad and ended up in the ER due to severe dehydration.  When she went to her first OB appt at 4 weeks she weighed 184lbs; at the ER visit she was down to 153!  Finally last week they did an ultrasound of her gallbladder and found it was packed solid of stones and needed to come out immediately.  I was terrified for her but she got out of surgery about an hour ago and she and the baby are both doing great now.  They're keeping her overnight to montior the baby (and I'm sure her) and then she'll get to go home tomorrow.  I can't imagine being that sick but hopefully this is the end of it and she'll start feeling much better!  I had mine out about two years ago and can't imagine having that pain on top of being pregnant.

And finally, yesterday I broke down and bought some maternity jeans.  At work I wear jeans and all of my current jeans are too tight in the belly for the bloat so I go to work with them unbuttoned and end the day with them unbuttoned AND unzipped so drumrolll please....
Photobucket
I tried on quite a few pair but the ones with just the short panel that rests under your belly are impossible to keep up and then the mid panel is uncomfortable across your belly button so this is the winner.  They're a little big in the bum and upper legs but the size down was a tad tight so I figured I'll grow into these.  Now the big test is to see if my shirts are long enough to cover the belly panel.  Good thing we don't have to tuck them in... how would you pull that off?  I just hope that my belly doesn't get super sweaty.  The material is really light so I think I'm ok but I am in Texas and it's already in the 90's and we're not even to June yet!

Oh, and I mentioned the hellaciously huge vitamins so here they are.  The pink are Once A Day Women's Prenatal with DHA... The wonderful packaged once are my nasty prescription Prenate DHA.  I told you they were huge!

Photobucket

I'm at the halfway point to my next visit so I'm hoping these next two weeks fly by!  I don't think I'll get another ultrasound but he will do the doppler so we can hear our sweet bean's heart beat!  I'll also be scheduling my NT scan.  I have to drive to Dallas for it because Dr P doesn't do it but I hear you get some AMAZING ultrasound pictures out of it and we will know more on how our baby is developing!

And lastly, one thing this hot Texas weather is great for-  OUR GARDEN!  Well it's at E's parent's house because it's huge and it's started producing.  So far we have green beans, onions, and yellow squash.  Soon to come: purple hull peas, black eyed peas, white squash, okra, tomatoes, hot peppers, and sweet peppers!  We also have apple, peach, plum and nectarine trees but we just put them in the ground last years so they probably won't produce until next season.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I bought my first 2 pairs of maternity pants yesterday, and what a joke...the panel comes down so low, I had to laugh, wondering if I will EVER fit into them. I bought jeans that will probably work, and fit nicely everywhere else (thighs, length, etc.) but the khakis I got seem so floppy and huge.

    The midwife I saw last week gave me samples of Prenate DHA. They are pretty big. I'm taking OTC ones until mine run out. I started getting sick the day I started the Prenate, and at first I thought it was them making me sick, so I stopped, but I've been sick ever since, so I am thinking I'll just go back to them when I finish my OTC ones. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your sister! I've been living in dresses lately because I feel so bloated and sensitive. I'm assuming from the meds, but now I don't know what! Your pills look baby colored! I have Garden envy! I live in Houston, and my garden didn't do so hot! I complained to my DH that me and my tomato plant were infertile, too sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of taking all 10 at once!!! Are you sure your sister heard her doctor right? That sounds SO strange. But I wish her luck. How fun if you both could be pregnant together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for fertile gardens and fertile bellies. Hope you and your little one are comfy in your new pants.

    All my garden has given me is one sad little green bean. I hope it's not a comment on my fertility :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's sure on the pills... she was telling the nurse how I got pregnant on Clomid and the nurse said that her pills would be different because she'd take all 10 at once. She even sent me a picture of the pill bottle that says "take 10 pills at once at night cd3 or cd4" CRAZY! We will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the progress! Those are about the same size as my prenatal vitamins, plus the fish oil pill. :) Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for maternity jeans...I've started wearing leggings to work, which is helping but think I'm going to have to pull the trigger soon too. Jeans are just too uncomfortable with the bloat! My next appt is at 10 weeks too, already can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 pills! Wow! Now that is taking the pharmacy thing to a whole new level!! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the jeans!! I'm sure you look super cute. I take the same Vitamins and they are huge!! They also give me headaches, does that happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I guess I can't blame the sad state of my garden on Texas heat anymore after seeing yours. (See my comment on Amber's blog.) I'm so glad that yours is producing so much goodness to feed you and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of doing all the pills at once and then trigger. youll have to update us so we know how that works out!!! p.s. those maternity pants look FABULOUS.... im not pregnant but with all the bloat from these injectables I feel like I am when I try to get in my jeans!!!!

    ReplyDelete