Thursday, April 22, 2010

No numbers yet

I was hoping to be posting about E's SA results but no such luck... I'm hoping I'll get them tomorrow morning.  Last night I had FIVE dreams about getting horrible results.  In the first one he had 3 million swimmers, in the second dream he had ZERO and then there were other various problems in the other dreams.  Needless to say, I did not sleep well and have felt on edge all day.  The lab told us that they would fax the report to the dr last night so I'm thinking if I haven't heard from them after lunch tomorrow I will be calling.  When I picked up the cup I asked if we needed to "wait" a while before the sample and he said no but when we went to drop it off the lab sheet said that there shouldn't have been any "release" for the past 3 days. What?!?! The lab girl said it wasn't a big deal and that she would just note that on the results. We did 2 nights prior but the way I see it is if you're supposed to have sex every other day while you're in your fertile window the best sample would be one that replicates that timing.  As for parking lot drama, we had none.  E was paranoid so he went into a single occupancy locked bathroom while I waited in the lobby.  I am just SO nervous about the results.  I want to know if we have a shot as it is or if we have to go to the next step.  I don't want to waste anymore time than we already have.  He, and everyone else who knows, is convinced his numbers will be great but I'm the kinda gal where if it can happen, it will happen.  I just want numbers!

Tonight is pr.overa number 5 so I'm half way done and then a few more days away from cd1.  I have some HORRIBLE painful zits from it this time... like those awful ones that are under the skin and just a huge hard mound with no relief.  Sorry, gross but seriously, if it could just pop it'd feel better but not this kind.  UGH!  I'm also super grumpy but I think that's just a combo of everything, not just the meds.

Sorry for the downer post. I swear to all of you ICLW'ers I'm not normally this bad...

9 comments:

  1. I hate when dreams make us feel so uneasy. Oh and as for the horrible zit. I hate those kind. They hurt so bad! Sorry! Hope you get some good news with the test results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... yeah they told us that DH shouldn't have ejaculated for at least three days but not more than seven. Though, can't imagine how much different 24 hours is really going to make in the overall scheme of things. Realistically, if the numbers come back low, they'll look at last ejaculate time and either factor it in or get a repeat done.

    *hugs* for feeling stressed and PMS/T like.. We're all allowed our bad times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you're normally very cheerful and chipper, but under the circumstances we'll allow you a grumpy post. God knows, we've all been there. Hoping for you to have sweet dreams and good numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your results come back perfect!!!! Good Luck with cycle. I am following your blog and cant wait to read more =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugg, I hate the acne!! I got it really bad this cycle, I think a mix of provera and 150mg of clomid did a number on me! I'm praying the results come back soon and fine so you can sleep a little easier!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry if the numbers aren't so stellar. My hubby gave his sample at the office the first time and the numbers and morphology came back not so great. The second time we did it at home and the numbers improved so significantly the RE gave him an A.

    Good Luck and I hope it all turns out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two days is really okay, so don't fret too much about that part of it. DH's original SA was done with three days of abstinence; when we did my IUI last month, it was while we were doing "every other day" and his numbers came in right around the original SA numbers.

    I feel bad about the dreams, though. That is a lot of anxiety you're processing! Breathe through it, and keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the dreams! Hope the results are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got so overwhelmed by your BFP that I nearly missed this post! I have had those nasty zits, and the last time I had them my mom had me put honey on them, and then cover them with a bandaid and go to bed. When I woke up in the morning, it had brought the zit to a head so I could get rid of it. Thought I'd pass that info along in case it works for you as well as it did for me! And congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete