Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hahahah SA

I went to Dr P's office to get the cup and prescription for E's SA.  I get home and before I pull it out of my purse I tell E that they said the cup needs to be approximately 3/4's full.  His eyes get a little wide and then I pull out the cup and he almost passes out.  I'm so mean but it was SO funny and totally worth it!!!  They sure do give you an awfully big cup though!

The problem we're facing is that they said they want it to the lab in 30 minutes (not the hour I thought we'd have)!  We live about 25 minutes away and the lab is in the brand new hospital so I have NO idea where it is once we get inside.  I asked E what he thought we should do and he said we can do a "driveby"... I can just see us getting arrested in the back corner of the parking lot of the hospital for public lewdness in the process of collecting a semen sample.  Hahahahah! I'm not sure what we're going to do yet but I'm sure I'm going to have a great story for yall tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Funniest thing I've read all day. Really! I had the same problem when I was trying with a live man. The nurse advised us to get a hotel room nearby or to reinact our teenage years in the car. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 minutes!?? That is extreme! Might as well go in and do the sample there! Do they allow that or do they not have facilities for that purpose? We had two hours to make the drop although, it had to be in before 8:30am. They've also got a room to do the job on the spot too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA I am laughing out loud!! Good luck!! I hope you guys find an okay spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny.

    We were close to the hospital and didn't have a problem getting it there -- but the first try they didn't bother analyzing the sample once it got there until several hours later and so it was all terrible. When we went back the second time, it was done immediately. Made a HUGE difference, so I'd definitely recommend making as short a distance between sample preparation and sample submission as possible! A locked bathroom perhaps? Not so pleasant, but...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO @ A drive by! I say take the PP's recommendation of a hotel near by.

    I hope it goes through okay! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Poor guy! My hubs complained about having to do the SA, but I quickly reminded him about all the drugs, hormones, injections and ultrasounds I have to go through plus, in the end, all the pregnancy symptoms that I will happily accept...that shut him up pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahha, this is fantastic :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete