Thursday, April 29, 2010

6 weeks pregnant!

How Far Along:  6 weeks!!!

How Big is The Baby:  Depending on the website, somewhere between a SWEET PEA  and a BLUEBERRY!

Total Weight Gain: Lost 2 lbs.  I'm not dieting anymore but I don''t have much of an appetite... Crackers are really tasty and I don't really have any food "aversions" but I find myself just picking at bland food all day long

Maternity Clothes: Not anywhere close although my jeans that normally sit low are uncomfortable so I've been wearing work out pants or clothes that are too big so thye don't push on my lower tummy!  There's no way our blueberry bean is making me bigger yet, it's just bloat!

Stretch Marks: No new ones

Sleep: I am absolutely exhausted and naps go over well but no matter how tired I am at night it takes a very long time to get comfortable and then I wake up once or twice to go to the bathroom.  I am so also considerably hotter than I ever have been and find myself waking up kicking off the covers!

Movement: Nope. I can't wait for that day though!!!

Food Cravings: Something will sound good and then it's gone.  It's still early and I have plenty of time for these to come along!

What I Miss: A good night's sleep.  It is worth it but if you're asking that's all I can think of!

What I’m Looking Forward To:  Getting my beta levels back although I feel much better about everything since I got my super dark test and of course our first visit.  I can't believe I have to wait 2 more weeks!

Milestones: 6 weeks! I think that sounds good!  This week baby bean is busy developing eyes and a sweet little nose!

Well Dr P's office called yesterday only to say that they hadn't gotten the blood levels back yet and they're always closed Thursday's.  Of course the week I'm waiting for an answer they're closed Friday too so I won't hear anything until Monday.  Like I said though, since I got that super dark pee stick I feel so much better.  The cramping is almost gone, I only feel it once or twice a day.  I am extremely tired and I think I pee at least hourly if not more. ****TMI ALERT**** I always used to think I wouldn't be able to nurse because my actual nipple was pretty small.  Well not anymore!  I was trying to think of a comparison and I guess they used to stick out like M&M's... now they're like Dots!  Sorry I had to share!
 
Haha and if that wasn't enough of a mental picture- here you go!
Photobucket Photobucket
I hope I made you giggle and didn't completely gross you out!!!

8 comments:

  1. So happy to know we can share the body changes with each other. I'm a few weeks behind you so I will have to keep checking out your latest symptoms. I'm currently in the sleepy, headaches, and cramping stage......oh and frequent peeing has kicked in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. OK, that is hilarious because I've had that thought before, too, and wondered if pregnancy would make me more dot-like.

    I guess I'll see soon! (Still can't believe it... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO! We don't have dots here so when I first read dots it sounded like you'd shrunk from M&Ms to fullstops! Then I saw the image!

    You'll be amazed at the things your body will do over the next months to get ready for this baby. Things will swell, grow, fill, shift...you name it!

    Glad to hear you are feeling a lot more secure with your pregnancy now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up girl!!!! WOOHOO for 6 weeks!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for nice big numbers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed for sure that was funny. I remember the first time I saw my friend topless after she had gotten pregnant I blurted out "holy crap your nipples have gotten huge". I felt bad for letting that slip but we laughed about it. I never knew that had happened. I am glad I found out before hand so now when it happens when I get pregnant I wont freak out so bad.
    Sorry for the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy analogies are NEVER inappropriate. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete