Friday, March 26, 2010

WAHOO!!!

Today started our local Just Between Friends Sale ... it's basically a huge garage sale.  I went looking for a pack and play, walker, and grocery cart cover for Mr W.  Unfortunately there were only two pack and plays left and one was way too pricey and one wasn't what I was looking for and there was only one walker left and W was already too big for it.  I did find a really cute cart cover for only $7. 
Photobucket

My sister's 1st grade classroom is ocean themed and she has fish everywhere and she's been buying these huge stuffed fish  that are about 4 ft long from Cabela's for $20 and guess what- I got him for $3!  He's a bluegill which aren't salt water but I don't think 1st graders care...
Photobucket

Then my most amazing find... you all know how crazy ovulation predictor pee sticks can be with those evap lines and everything.  Well I started looking at the Cl.ear.Bl.ue Fertility Monitor but could not bring myself to pay $150 for one new or even $100 for one used on ebay.  So as I'm browsing up and down the aisles I stop at the "expectant mothers" table and see a monitor laying on the table.. I figure it's around $100 but guess what... FIFTEEN DOLLARS!  That's less than a month's supply of ovulation pee sticks!!!  Granted, the box of strips it came with expired in June of 08 but what an amazing deal!!!  Unfortunately you have to wait until CD1 to start.  HOPEFULLY it was a wasted $15 dollars because we're getting pregnant this month but I can use it for our next go around :).  And, if this isn't the month for us I will be using it next month.  I'm so excited!  What a bargain!
Photobucket

I also did really well around the tons of cute bellied pregnant women shopping!

8 comments:

  1. Great bargains! I hope you have a friend who is ttc so you can give that monitor to her when you get your BFP. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome deals! I love garage sales..this idea is genius!
    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome deals! BTW, I mentioned you in my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did well Sam! :-D Hopefully, you won't need to use it anyway! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - all great deals, esp the ovulation kit! I hope you have to pack it away for the next child, not the next cycle!

    ICLW #59

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great bargain! Maybe you won't need it, though. But at least you'll have only wasted $15! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following yours, too!

    ReplyDelete