Monday, March 8, 2010

Nothing new for me, just wanted to blog

Nothing new on the TTC front- tonight is pr.overa pill number 5 so I'm halfway to CD1!  My sister met with her RE today and she had already figured out what he was going to tell her based on his website.  So her plan is to call in on her next CD1 and schedule a hsg to make sure her tubes are all clear (should I ask Dr P if I need one of these?) and if they are all clear then go on a PCOS diet for 3 months and if nothing has happened then, he will start her on cl.omid.  She is a teacher so it would be great if she could have a baby in late spring that way she could get maternity leave plus the two months off for summer so if all goes as planned and she gets pregnant on the first cycle or two then it will work out perfectly.  She is pretty optimistic and keeps saying she wants me to be pregnant first so she knows what to expect.  We will see!

So pregnancy announcements were all over facebook this past week... it's an epidemic!  Two of the three are sisters which are due within weeks of each other so that's pretty neat and the third comes with a story.  My stepdad was married before my mom and had two children.  He caught his wife in bed with another man and the next day she packed herself and the kids (i think they were  3 and 1) up and left with the man.  Somehow she got the kids last name changed from their very unique last name (he and my mom are the only two that show up on facebook with it and he has said that they are the only in the nation with it) to SMITH.  Needless to say, he couldn't find the kids no matter how hard he tried or how much he spent.  He still does not know how their names were legally changed or how the stepfather was able to adopt them but that was over 25 years ago.  Anyway- my mom was on facebook a few months ago and had an email from his ex asking if my mom knew who he was- she responded with "yes, he's my husband".  Long story short, stepdad created a facebook, looked at his ex's page and found her only friend that had the first name of his daughter and after over 25 years he reconnected with his daughter.  Pretty amazing right!!!  Anyway, she announced that she is 6 weeks pregnant with her 3rd this week.  Oh, her oldest is just over two and then she has another one that's 8 months old!  I hate that I get so jealous but it is really starting to get under my skin! 

On the other hand, when people who have had a hard time ttc announce their pregnancy I get SO excited.  Like Kelly at Little Looman Log! I am so glad all the hard work has finally paid off for her!!!  If you haven't read her story-you should!  She's an amazing, supportive, deserving brand new expectant mother!

I suppose that's it for today.  Weigh in tomorrow and hopefully CD1 early next week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!!!

    That is a crazy story about your stepdad! How terrible of his ex-wife. She should have to go to jail or something for that!!

    Good luck this cycle! I'm excited for you to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha,

    I just found your blog, and it's like talking to a friend. I was also diagnosed with PCOS in January. My Dr. put me on bc pills for three months, and then I have my first Clo.mid cycle in April. I'm nervous but excited at the same time! I'll probally turn into a crazy stalker lady in the next month following what happens to you, but don't worry, I'm a least a nice crazy stalker lady ;)

    And what a crazy story about your dad, and facebook! I'm glad they found each other after all these years!

    ReplyDelete