Thursday, March 18, 2010

Goodbye CD57, hello CD1!!!

I guess I should have expressed my worry sooner and cd1 would've come then; it also could have been that I took a test this morning- that always does it! This cd1 is probably the last one that I will be excited about. This cycle is full of so much hope. This is the first cycle that I actually have a chance. I know that 50mg of cl.omid may not work but this is more of a chance than I have ever had before. This is the last opportunity we have to have a due date in 2010. I want this so badly and I want this to work but I am not going to get my hopes up too much, or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

So the game plan... tomorrow I will call Dr P's office and see if I need to schedule an ultrasound. So that should be the 29th and if I have a "normal" cycle due to the 'mid I think I should ovulate around the 1st. What will the ultrasound show? Just if I have any good sized follicles? You wanna hear something really cute- E asked me when I start taking "that medicine that makes you drop an egg" and he has also mentioned "the egg hatching stuff" hahah I think it's super cute. I guess his country roots are showing through. Ok, so I start the 'mid on cd5 which will be Monday and continue until Friday and then begin robitussin and pr.eseed! Then E and I will get to enjoy ourselves. Do YOU personally think it is better to do every other day or is daily ok too?! We'll see how it goes. I also will start temping tomorrow morning and I am planning on doing it :ahem: vaginally because I've heard it's much more accurate. I'm still wishy washy on if I want to use an opk because I've read in a lot of different places that it's not accurate for PCOSers and won't the ultrasound show if the ‘mid worked? I wonder if I should even mess with temping that case. Input please!!!

Today is BEAUTIFUL! It's about 65 and sunny so I took advantage of that and met my bff and her kids and of course took W and we went on a 2 mile walk around the park. It felt great to get out there and enjoy the air plus the exercise was refreshing. Now I just have to keep it up! Bff's girls loved W because he is so much more interactive than their little brother. There's a big difference between a 7 month old and a 3 1/2 week old baby! Her youngest even fed him a bottle while we chatted in the parking lot. I love Mr W but I couldn't help but think how much better the day would have been if I were pushing around my own little one! Hopefully by this time next year!

Oh, and of course I had to do it-we will be due December 23rd if this is our month. Merry Christmas to us!

10 comments:

  1. I know...just when you're desperately frustrated, it happens! Congrats on CD 1, that seems weird to type, but I know exactly how you feel. Sounds like lots of good potential for this cycle. A Christmas baby sounds delightful, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam!

    Glad to hear that you're CD1 and on track! :-)

    In terms of the OPK, it really depends on the severity of your case. Some women will get really long cycles with many patches of EWCM and positive OPKs that don't end up translating to ovulation. Others have lots of patches of EWCM but only get the positive OPK prior to ovulation, some just have a long cycle and eventually get fertile mucous and a postive OPK whereas others wouldn't even know that they've got PCOS cause their cycle seems to behave in the textbook fashion. You will only find out by trying!

    Vaginal temps are definately a lot more accurate. It is a lot harder to screw up a vaginal temp whereas something a simple as accidentally yawning prior to temping orally can cause an abnormally low reading.

    Are you planning to use Fertility Friend or another online charting software? If so, we can help you work out if you've ovulated and what your body is doing. :-)

    Oh and the ultrasound will show if you've got a nice ripe follicle or two for the picking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up for fertility friend back in January but since I had a 90 day cycle my free membership obviously ran out. I do have an app on my phone that has a temp and symptom chart and I can always make a new fertility friend account. Thank you so much for all of the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, a Christmas baby would be so perfect!! I'm praying this cycle is your lucky one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for CD 1!!! Hope the 50mg does the trick for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO!! Lots of baby dust for this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BABYY DUSTT for you Samantha this cycle!!
    a christmas baby would be such a blessing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I not know you had a blog? I completely missed it. I think it's because you can't see blogs of your followers or someting. But anyway, I've found you and I'm totally pulling for your 2010 baby!! I would definitely recommend every other day as opposed to every day. Every doctor and book says that's better. GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh a Christmas baby would be awesome, keeping everything crossed that this month is YOUR month!!

    ICLW
    #101
    http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - I know exactly how you feel about wanting a 2010 baby too. I've already been thinking of ways to explain to my future child the whole "having a birthday around Christmas" thing.

    I temp while on Clomid, and for me, it makes my temps higher than usual. I also use OPK, but I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS, so I don't know about that part of it.

    (Also, Fertility Friend accounts are free in general. The 90-day trial must have been for their premium services. Just try your username and pw and see if you get in before getting a new account.)

    Here's hoping our wishes come true.

    (ICLW #126)

    ReplyDelete