Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Clomid and chick flicks don't work well together

Hah! I doubt it's the meds but my eyes are still so watery I can barely see the computer screen!  I just got finished watching Time Traveler's Wife! What a good movie and from what I hear, the book is even better!!! 

Well I just took my 3rd dose and so far not too bad.  The only real side effect I've had is a pretty persistant headache but it's not massive.  I thought my boobs were sore earlier but I think it's just because my overweight rat terrier was standing on them!  I haven't noticed any mood swings, I always cry like a baby in movies, and I haven't had any hot flashes.  I just hope all of this doesn't mean that the dose isn't high enough to do any good.

So this morning I get a call from E's cousin's girlfriend.  She's crying and guess what, SHE'S PREGNANT!  It's crazy though, I am really happy for her!  Yes, I'm jealous but I don't resent her and didn't do my normal why her and not me thing!  I guess I'm just feeling like it is going to happen soon for me.  I sure hope at least.  One thing that really warmed my heart is I'm one of three people that she has told (other than her boyfriend of course!)  She took the test with him in the bathroom and then called me and one of her friends and told her boss at work because she needed to know about coverage and maternity leave.  E says it's because she looks at me like a big sister, and I love her to death!  Twins run in her family so we kidded that if there are two in there I get one.  So while I'm getting my follie check on Monday she'll be getting her first OB ultrasound. She's not sure if she's 4 or 8 weeks along because she's been on the pill.  Last month her period was really light and only 2 days instead of her normal 5 so that could have possibly been implant bleeding, who knows.  It does make me think- Why can people get pregnant while on the pill yet we ladies have to pump our bodies full of prescriptions, supplements, and get poked proded and exposed with no result?! 

I am really proud of myself though for not being mad at her, or my situation.  I am bummed that it isn't me but I'm glad I'm not resentful. 

Today we weren't able to go for a walk because it stormed but tomorrow we are planning on it and if not I'll get on the elliptical even though I can only make it about 10 minutes!

10 comments:

  1. I hated Clomid. Of course I got all the nasty side effects though and I was a raging hormonal lunatic as my DH calls me. Best of luck with this cycle.

    PS: Time Traveler's Wife is an excellent movie and book. I bawled during both of them.

    ICLW #33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the movie, but The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my favorite books. Definitely a tearjerker, and I'm not that mushy. (When I'm not on Clomid, that is!)

    Congratulations to your friend. I know how you feel - happy for the people you love but a little sad and wistful too. Maybe you'll get Clomid twins on this cycle, and you can raise your multiples together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you Samantha! It is hard to hear about others getting pregnant, but you're right, you will be pregnant soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the movie "Up" when I was on 200mg of clomid. Horrible idea. I was crying my eyes out within the first 15 minutes of the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the book is better! :)

    & im so proud of you girl! I know how that is, & it can be hard to deal with! good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched "Up" w/out any Clomid and I cried throughout the whole movie...can never watch it again!

    Clomid, however, gave me hot flashes, headaches and, when I hit the 150mg dosage, apparently turned me into a ravenous big-B.

    Congrats to your friend - don't worry, you're on your way too! Best of luck with your follie scan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I loved the book! I read it a couple of years ago, and loved it. When my husband told me it was being made into a movie I sqealed with excitement! I didn't love the movie as much as the book, but it's probably because I was in the front row. Holy neck pain! I should have known better than to show up late for opening weekend of a chick flick!

    I am so proud of you for being happy for your friend's pregnancy! It is such a hard thing to do sometimes; it is easier with Hope. And isn't Hope a wonderful thing to have?

    Good luck with the follie scan on Monday. I can't wait to hear the results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TTTW is the BEST book. It's my absolute favorite! Definitely a must-read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen the movie but I LOVED the book! Highly recommend! Good on you for how you handled the cousin's GFs pregnancy news. You'll have your own news one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Time Traveler's Wife! I cried the whole movie.lol

    That's so sweet she looks at you like a big sister! You are going to be such a great help to her during these 9 months, and when you get your BFP your kids can play together! Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete