Monday, February 22, 2010

Today I watched a new life come into this world

..and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  I am so blessed that they had me in the room to share this with them!  She got ce.rvidil last night and when they removed it this morning she was at a 3 and they began the pi.tocin and broke her water so I left work and that was at 10.  When I got to the hospital she was hurting and got her epidural around noon and she was at a 4.  The nurse checked her at about 1:30 and she was at 6 and then the Dr came in and checked her at at 2:20 and she was dilated to 7 so he left and went back to the office.  Twenty minutes later she began to feel a lot of pressure and felt sick and sure enough she was fully dilated!  The nurses called the doctor and got everything set up and had her push during 3 contractions and he was already crowing- HOW AMAZING!  The dr came in and she pushed 3 times during 1 contraction and her little man made his enterance at 3:30pm!   I am still in disbelief that I was there for all of it but couldn't be happier!!!




Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. awww, beautiful! how much did he weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted it but it disappeared! Anyway, he is 8lb (.04oz) and 21in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can only imagine what an experience that was! Bless his sweet & cute little heart!

    ReplyDelete