Friday, February 26, 2010

Ouch!

Today I had my first horrible trying to conceive comment.  So, as I have mentioned before I am a police/fire/ems/911 dispatcher.  We are a semi-rural county with a LOT of livestock that gets loose all of the time.  Today we were dealing with a donkey and the deputy called in on the phone to give me some more information on it... I asked the difference between a donkey and a mule and then I asked which one is sterile and a lady I work with is listening and says  "OH, I KNOW- IT'S SAMANTHA!" and then laughs for a good few minutes. WTF?! I really almost climbed over the desk and punched her in the face.  That was my initial reaction, the next was to bawl my eyes out but luckily I managed to keep my words to myself and got out of it with just some really watery eyes.  But seriously, how can you call ANYONE sterile and it be funny- fertility problems or not!

Second below the belt comment today.  I went to the doctor because I had a horrible sore throat and my ears were killing me.  The nurse takes my blood pressure and weight, asks if I'm still on the or.tho tri.cyclen and I answer no, that we're trying but aren't pregnant yet.  She then asks when my last period was and I told her January 21st and she says "and you're not pregnant?!!".  I know it's not THAT bad (well this wasn't I still think the first comment was unforgiveable!) but it really got to me after I'm feeling crummy anyway, have been called sterile, and just want to have a baby!  GEEZ!!!  Oh and the rapid strep came back negative but the dr still thinks that's what it is so 20 big ol pink pills for me!

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Sorry that lady at work is such a b*tch. That comment made me angry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness people can be insensitive idiots sometimes. Operate the mouth before engaging the brain. :-( -hugs-

    Sorry it has been such a woeful day... Chin up, those that do the long haul appreciate what they receive so much more. That other chick can go leap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are so ignorant! I hope that those comments are something you can forget, hugs.

    ReplyDelete