Monday, January 4, 2010

One step in the right direction

I already know what the first thing I'm going to hear on Friday, "You need to lose weight." I am in no way denying the truth in that.  I am of course the heaviest I have ever been.  I was never skinny and don't even desire to be a size 4 (or 6 or 8) but I have gained 25 pounds since getting married only 10 months ago.  I'm ready to be healthy and I know this is horribly selfish sounding but I want to be able to look pregnant once that time finally comes.  So anyway, I'm convinced that Dr P is going to tell me that I'm just too heavy to have a period but I know that's not all of it. Regardless, to start things in the right direction I decided to get on the elliptical tonight. I figured 5 minutes would be as long as I could make it having not done anything in a long time but was able to make it for 10 and that was over a mile and then did 50 crunches on the ab lounger. Nothing really to brag about but at least it's a step in the right direction.  If I can do that twice a day and slowly go longer and do more each day hopefully I'll be shedding the pounds in no time! The other goal is to start eating half of my normal portions.  Maybe that will help convince my body to behave normally and also in turn prepare me for having a healthy pregnancy when that time comes.  It also adds a little motivation that the workout equipment is in our current office which will be our future nursery :)

Oh, and seeing as today is cd74 I decided to take a dol.lar tree hpt this morning and it was of course negative.  Oh well, doctor appointment in 4 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment